Drag car build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
Been doing this build for a week now,its for fun.
I got a ton of picks ,but I will post in it current stage ,an I plan on hooking up pipe & tank tomorrow
to test run the drive tran on blocks to see how it fares out.

SANY0002_12.jpg

SANY0005_4.jpg

Curent stage.

SANY0002_14.jpg

SANY0001_21.jpg

SANY0002_19.jpg

SANY0001_22.jpg

looks good you may want to shim your flywheel and clutch so you get more tooth contact on the 2 speed.

Test on the drive tran a success ,although carb needs to be tuned to that engine later.
On with the rest of the build I go!..:D

looks good you may want to shim your flywheel and clutch so you get more tooth contact on the 2 speed.
No,its the engine mount that needs to be shaved to allow the engine to come forward more because its hitting
the backplate.I'm already on top of that! Thnx.

cool just didn't want to see you wasting gears.

I may be completely out to lunch here, but with the engine in that position, are the wheels not going to be turning in reverse?

cool just didn't want to see you wasting gears.

Yea I know ,good eye though!...:thumbs-up:

I'm going to remove the engine for the rest of the build ,an I will shave the engine mount for that adjustment.

I'm going to move on to getting the front arms & susp. going!..:cool:

I may be completely out to lunch here, but with the engine in that position, are the wheels not going to be turning in reverse?
No ,that was the first thing that I checked when I was maching it up!
It shows in the vid that they are going the right way.

Ok, I could not tell in the video. Just couldn't get my head around it.

Lol...yea I checked by pulling the starter on which way the bell turns ,an then set the engine down on the gear
an rotated the bell by hand to see which way it turned the wheels.
That's why the engine is pointing that way.
I think at the 6 to 8 sec on the vid you can see a dirt spot go downwards ,that would be forward motion ,
You would have to look real close.

Its pretty much a rolling chassy now.I got this done today ,still have to secure top a-arms though.
The steering servo fits perfect underneath chassy ,that will be easy to install.

SANY0001_24.jpg

SANY0002_22.jpg

SANY0004_8.jpg

SANY0005_6.jpg

SANY0006_1.jpg

SANY0007_1.jpg

Apparently it's a shaft driven 4WD but I'm wondering if there's an advantage to having the engine up front in a drag car.

Apparently it's a shaft driven 4WD but I'm wondering if there's an advantage to having the engine up front in a drag car.
Its not going to be 4wd,the parts came from though!
Lol,,,,I'm fixing to find out what the advantages are ,if it doesn't work well ,then up on the shelf it will go.
My goal is to accomplish building a front engine car that will atleast run!

I'm gathering things up right now.
At this time ,waiting for my camera batt to charge.
Getting the receiver batts ,receiver ,throttle servo ready.
I think that I have a good spot to land the thrott. servo.About ready to try to figure out
thrott. & brake linkage right now.
I got steering servo mounted an hooked up already ,but still have to run acouple screws in
a-arms to stabilize them.
Get some pics soon!

Dang these servo arm parts are tiny!....Doh...I'm not use to this an fumbling trying to hang on to them!...:(

SHOOT!.....:oops:

Still trying to find my dang mgt throttle linkage ,I had those parts in my hand several times acouple months
back ,but didn't need them!....I NEED THEM NOW!...I got way too much crap scattered!..
vil_crazy.gif

Back