Dirt oval tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandlife

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Anyone run dirt oval tires on their short course truck?
How do they compare to other tires when used on outdoor tracks (not oval track specifically)?
One of my favourite parts of short course rc trucks is the way they look compared to buggies and truggies. I think a set of these tires would look amazing, providing the performance was decent.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...irt-oval-short-course-tires-2/PRO1015303.html

I have an Associated SR10 (2wd) with dirt oval tires. It works well on a base-ball diamond, but the tires (OEM) don't have a lot of bite. I'm not sure they'd be good on a SCT, but of course the track conditions would dictate that.

I also have a 2wd Slash-based dirt road truck that has Slash SCT tires and it drives a bit more sure-footed on that same base-ball diamond.

one of the most important aspects of dirt oval is tire selection ... here ( central texas) we have a loomy soil / clay mix ... that's pretty loose until packed and watered ... so to start we run mini pins ... in a semi soft to medium compound .... as the track tightens up and traction comes up we go to a bar style tire ...

one of the most important aspects of dirt oval is tire selection ... here ( central texas) we have a loomy soil / clay mix ... that's pretty loose until packed and watered ... so to start we run mini pins ... in a semi soft to medium compound .... as the track tightens up and traction comes up we go to a bar style tire ...
Do you have an example of a “bar style tire”?

My track is primarily clay-based dirt. It gets hard packed and dusty in the summer. ill occasionally sweep and water it, then its quite grippy.

I currently have ellipse 2.2 in an aqua rear ... with a gold front ,

I also run jconcepts dirt webs .... they seem to like a wet track that's almost muddy or tacky ..... and as the track dries .... I switch the the ellipse as it run and grooves in

The elipse and dirt webs you mention aren’t really the tread style I'm referring to.
I'm sure they would work great, but I'm curious about the more “scale” looking dirt racing tires:

IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

IMG_2798.jpeg