destruction, carnage, mayhem!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok it to a big open parking lot with a buddy and his savage 4.6 and his 1/18 brushless savage which is crazy fast for its size, but not as nearly as fast as my revo. He couldn't get his 4.6 started due to problems with the one way bearing.

I got to see what my revo could do as far as speed. This thing is fast! Front tires barely can stay on the ground. Ran great kept the head covered double layered with a sock. And temp stayed around 210°f. Was going to tape my phone to it and use GPS to calculate speed. But I broke my revo. Its still faster than my buddies brushless savage on 2s and settings all on 100%.

Well I decided to jump some snow banks. Launched it off one about 2 feet high trying to clear one about 5 feet high. Went bout 25 feet in the air into the face of the other snow bank.

Broke a front axle carrier, bulkhead, a arm hinge pin, front body mount.
2013-01-05_18-49-55_566.jpg

Ordered parts off eBay. Got front and rear bulkheads, aluminum bulkhead plates, 2 sets of rockers, all the hinge pins, pair of axle carriers plus miscellanius parts for $25.
Also broke my receiver antenna in half. (Am radio setup)

Last edited:
Wow, cool. We love good carnage and that's some of the best I've seen in a while.
Thanks for the entertainment.:)

Cool! Well.........all the guys on here say if you're not breaking stuff, you're not having fun!
BUT I think you probably should not tape your phone to it. I just bet you can't get a new one on Ebay for $25.

I tape my phone to mine yo all the time.
Has a rubber case on it anf survived some hard crashes scratch free.

That is what I hate about running my rigs in the cold, every thing becomes brittle.

It was fun bashing this beast. Its soon squirrlie when it hits 2nd gear. The talons get ripped off the rims. It held up quite well. It surprised me to see that a arm pin get snapped. I think the rpm a arms would have to be dipped in liquid nitrogen before they get too brittle. Would aluminium axle carriers be worth it? The stock drive shafts seem to be holding up well even with the spur pretty much locked up. I tightened it because I thought it was slipping and not going into second, but its just so loud I can't hear it, but at 1/4 throttle I can tell its going in 2nd. Think I'm going to bump the bell up from an 18t to a 20t and put a wing on the front for some down force.
Sure got a lot of attention at k mart. The electric savage not so much. People love the sound of a nitro. One guy thought it was a weed eater engine.

I may be wrong but you better check the gear mesh of the 20 before you put it on there. I think your 18T is a 1.0 and the 20T is a .8 and if you do that, you will have to change the spur gear to match it.

Yes its 1.0. I got a big block clutch set up in it. I may get a 36t steel spur instead or maybe a 20/36 set up just to see what it can do. I can't wait to actually tune it I can tell there is so much more this engine gots

that is a good imitation of my son.

That's having fun right there, rebuild & do again.

Replaced the broken.bulkhead. I got front and rear bulkheads with progressive 1,2 and long travel rockers with all the pins and misc. Parts. So I got spare parts as long as I don't break the same caller one. Noticed a crack in the rim also. I got a spare from when I broke one before. I'll just wait for when I order the trencher x's and rims. The tires are shot. Don't think I can keep reglueing them anymore....
2013-01-12_00-16-20_207.jpg

Word of advice... don't put the diff in upside down....

Last edited:
Back