DASU cup round two truggy class

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neobart

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
OK this was gonna be my first real race, as all I have ever done before has been two 4 hour enduro races.

Arrived at the track 6.30 in the am, and got setup. Also after 2½ hours of traveling you need to stretch your legs. Started my 15 minute training round, and quickly found out my HPI nubz where not the tire for this track. Way too much side bite. Switched to my GRP cubics and it was a different truck all together. Still my driving sucked badly, as every jump I'd hit would require me to be marshaled. :D

My second 5 minute qualifier was much better only a few mistakes and I got in to the zone. Third qualifier was kinda good kinda bad, but overall I had enough points to be top seed of the ones not directly qualified for the semis. That means the top 14 drivers qualified directly and I was #15. So out of all the slow drivers......I was the fastest.

OK time for the 10 min 1/4 final. Three drivers out of ten of the two 1/4 finals go through to fill up the semis. Jumped the start(by accident :oops: ) and crashed two times during the first round. That and my stop and go penalty dropped me from first to fourth. But some collected consistent driving got me the number two spot. I was hoping to get to the semis, but was still surprised. :D :D

Time for my semi final, and I had no hope in hell to make it any further. but through some more consistent piloting and some skillful(If I do say so myself) passing, and secured the number 5 spot(last spot for the finals) and held on to it.

Now was the time for the 30 minute final, and I was in #9 position out of ten. just minutes before the final I discovered my rear diff had dropped all it's fluid. It was as loose as a goose. :D The start was bad once again. I was bringing up the rear with 60' to #9. The first five laps I was struggling to get a handle on the truck with a very lose rear end. but as the race went on I was getting better all the time. A +10 minute runtime on the Ninja .21 was also a big help. Pitted two times during the 30 minutes and had 1/3 of a tank left. This engine was rock steady all day long. When the race was finished I was surprised to know that I finished 7th. :D 8)

Breakages: Well besides the rear diff spilling its fluids, my my shock hanger broke and I broke the radio tray right in front of the battery compartment. In a bonehead move I had weakened it, and since I didn't run a screw under the battery it was free floating in the truck. One screw fixed it, and I never had any problems the rest of the day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good fun. :D

I will ad some more pics as they come in.

IMG_3659.jpg

Wow good job, keep on racing to see what you can do.

Thanks Zachary.

I'm gonna be unbearable to be around the next few days. :second_place:

Sounds like you had a great time, keep it up and if you can get us some video, we all love to watch videos here...