Damn Proline Tires!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run Panther Komodo I and IIs on my Storm. But I'm not sure if Panther makes a tire to fit the 40 series wheel.

Well I have talked to the guy at my LHS and he said I could bring the wheel and tire in and see what we can do about it. Right now with the racing season well underway, the 40 series bowties are currently unavailable. The demand is high and production is low. So he is going to look at the tire and see if I can still use it. I mean hell, I am just club racing, if it will work and give me long wear, I will be satisfied. We shall see though. He said if it is really screwed up we can RMA it through Proline. So it should all work out... I hope!

Tom

dace manufacturing already makes a 23mm hub with a 22mm nut, and they are flanged for even more strength. godale03, try out the panther pythons. they have to be used on revo rims fyi. great traction. just so you know, 40series tires take away a lot of steering and rough track handling. you will probibly be better off with maxx size bowties if you really want to run proline rubber.

do like I did with my wheels regarding trinity.

I called them to complain about my wheels splitting only after one run and all they could offer me was an apology and an offer to replace them at my shipping cost and labor charge.

LABOR CHARGE?! for what? to put them in the f_ing box. they wanted $28 total

I shipped them my destroyed wheels and a note saying "this is why I wont buy your product anymore!"

CorradoPsi said:
dace manufacturing already makes a 23mm hub with a 22mm nut, and they are flanged for even more strength. godale03, try out the panther pythons. they have to be used on revo rims fyi. great traction. just so you know, 40series tires take away a lot of steering and rough track handling. you will probibly be better off with maxx size bowties if you really want to run proline rubber.

Hey Corrado.... thanks for the info. I am going to have to look into these Panther tires. I run maxx size wheels everywhere else, except at the track, and on the road. I found the 40 series Bowties give me the traction on my particular track and the 40 series makes the truck handle a bit better for racing. The 40 road rage again, the same thing, the truck just handles a bit better. I bash with regular maxx size wheels, for one they are cheaper and I love the monster truck feel. MTs are suppose to be top heavy. I love it for bashing. When you say the panter tires fit the Revo wheels you are talking about the Gemini's? Thanks for great advice guys....

Tom

DACE is the ones I was talking about....are they available yet....the guy I saw had em for a while now....he races for NR so I always asume they were doing it...he did say dace made those though.....Corrado I deleted your brothers PM....forgot his User name.....I got questions.....
Godale I agree totally w/ you on th edifferent tires...I don't race the MTs so I don't have a set of 40s for th etrack...I just use reg size panther tires...I have 1 set of bowties left now and a set of road rage 40s.....they rock on ass-fault...just stay away from those imex tires....SUCK FEST....

Where is the best place to find Panther tires. I went to Panters website and they only have to 2003 catalog available. They must not update their website much. I was hoping you guys would know. Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
i like the soft compound myself, i use if for buggy tires. and yes, dace stuff is already available, you can buy direct from dale on his site or order through your LHS.

I use soft on buggies and Med/soft on MT tires.....they just go too quickly for my wallet on the MT.....

whwat would i need to apply some wheel adapters? i have a set of 40 series big-joes that have just been sitting in my room since i sold the maxx... i ordered a violater, and i want to know the most cost-worthey means of applying them to my rig.

DON'T DO IT....those wheels will KILL your drive line in a buggy...they kill stock maxx drivelines and they are more geared towards running wheels like that......you would need to extend your a-arms or add extension wheel hubs, lower your gear ratio (and that usually requires a kit or custom modding) and make sure you have one beefy ass steering servo......and then when you wanted to run it like a buggy again you have to tear it all down and re-do it all.......

oh dont mind him plaid. he already asked this question once, and got the same responce, from me in fact. it seems he wants to keep asking it until he hears the answer hes looking for. unfortunitly the answer hes looking for will come from a moron.

Ok
Dude it seems as though you just want to do it....go ahead we really don't have a friggin clue what we are talking about....you were one of those kids that asked daddy and if you didn't like his answer you asked mommy right?

Back