CVD's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IversonMino

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Should i get the proline cvd's or the dynamite cvd's for my maxx?

thnx

I heard a lot of good things about the MIP Shiny CVD's which is why I just got a complete set for my Maxx Sirio upgrade. I believed the Prolines are the same as the MIP non shiny CVD's.

Honestly,

I've seen both and driven my friends with the "Shinny" MIP cvds.

Unless your some rich dude with endless amounts of money to spend, save your money for truly needed hop-ups. One of my buddies is a national champion and he did it with stock drivelines. Look @ the real weakpoints and go from their, CVD's are way overrated IMHO.

Peace

I disagree with 30%, the stock slider driveshafts are weak. When I replaced my stock engine with an OS I twisted my stock sliders within 6 tanks. I went with the Dynamite sliders and have never had another problem, they come with dust boots too. Also their customer service is outstanding!

i see that dynamite is cheaper but does any of them just give ya the full set like for the front and back?

(i'm getting the sirio .18 should i get the center ones replaced?)

thnx

i agree with NCNitro 100%. the stock sliders are crap. i twisted all of them during the break-in on my XTM 24.7(that is pretty bad considering it was the break-in)

now, i won both MIP and Dynamite. i have the MIP's on the rear of my truck and the Dynamite on the front. i have found one thing, the dynamite isnt as long as the MIP. so for me it is kinda problem. i have the supermaxx suspension, and i have to have my pillow balls all the way in the keep the dynamite cvd's from coming out of the cups.

Overall they are both very good products. but myself i like the MIP's just a little better

bryan

yes in my experience the stock slider with the rather mild OS .21 rg snap in a few seconds, and I'm sure even with the stock trx 2.5 theyll give out over time, and plus a bad landing on the gas or brake will snap them also, in my opinion a great upgrade...although I'm sure for strict racing without big air and general "bashing" the stock sliders with there light rotational mass are fine for the trx 2.5...peace--

Originally posted by IversonMino
i see that dynamite is cheaper but does any of them just give ya the full set like for the front and back?

(i'm getting the sirio .18 should i get the center ones replaced?)

thnx

I would replace them all if you are going with the Sirio. I am currently doing the same upgrade and replaced them all.

The stock sliders work ok with the 2.5, but from what I have read from others experiences, they will eventually twist with a bigger engine. Even the Sirio will damage them.

Since my stock sliders are still good, I intend to just sell them to someone who needs them. Anything I get for them is better than nothing.

Hey guys,

Man...I must have been drunk when I posted that..hehe.

I should have elaborated more, I know lots of people that are running MIP CVD's and loving it. I also know national champions running Mod'd Picco .26's with no probs whatsoever with their stock Maxx plastic stuff. Their only racing though and I'd imagine that they would be breaking plastic drivelines if they bashed as hard as I WOULD with their big bore Maxx's. I'm running the 2.5 with Siro piston/sleeve/rod and pipe producing allot more power and so far I haven't needed to upgrade to CVDS. After X-mas I'll be adding an EBmod'd Sirio .18 (assuming EB will do the mod) and the power that motor will produce will probably warrant full CVDS.

I do have a problem with the claims that MIP and others make about quicker acceleration and better overall response. I've also seen claims of de-creased rotaional mass. Well I have no idea what they're compaing it to as the CVD's are heavier then the stock plastic and their for rotational mass is increased, not decreased.

I'm not rich but money really isn't an issue for me in this hobby. I'll definitely dude a full CVD upgrade if I start breaking plastic drivelines when I add the new motor after X-mas.

Peace

yeah there is no way a mip cvd kit will "decrease rotational mass" as the mip cvd is probably 3 times as heavy as a plastic maxx half shaft, although the plastic sliders are larger diameter, and may have an effect on that "point of rotation" or whatever thingy its called? but still i doubt the larger diameter warrents more negative effect than a much heavier metal cvd.

Remember, those national champ guys only need their stuff to last 1 race. After the race they can just replace worn or broken parts with new stuff they get from their sponsers. Us bashers need our parts to last much much longer. No freebie parts for us.

Originally posted by robmob
Remember, those national champ guys only need their stuff to last 1 race. After the race they can just replace worn or broken parts with new stuff they get from their sponsers. Us bashers need our parts to last much much longer. No freebie parts for us.

Very good point rob,

One of my buds was a Nitro Boat racer that was sponsered by NovaRossi back in the day. He said he usually had 15-20 new motors in his box to slap in before each race. He would mod them himself (porting ect) run the hell out of it with 30-65% nitro and send the motor back to Rossi after one day of racing..lol. Must be nice. I have no intrest in amateur or pro level racing and your 1000% right, us bashers do need bomb proff (superior) parts. Not to mention that I don't have a bashing sponser..hehe.

I'm going to look into MIP shiny CVD's after X-mas to replace all of the plastic stuff.

Peace

Originally posted by IversonMino
Should i get the proline cvd's or the dynamite cvd's for my maxx?
thnx

IversonMino,
I own all three sets.
The MIP and Proline cvds are one in the same.
The Dynamite's are a little different, not quite as heavy duty (for lack of better words to use) but they come with dust boots.
I prefer the MIP or Proline set to the Dynamite set.
Either way you go it's a huge improvement over the stock ones.

my .02.

I also disagree, my MIP CVD's were a must imo. I have a lot of the plastic divelines break in races and bashing. The main point of weakness is the 2 tabs that hold that netal ball with the notches in place. The tabs always break around the hole. Also you get a little better response from CVD's as the don't twist and bind. This alos lets you suspension perform the way it supposed to. Just my opinion though.

Back