Cough Cough What the......OOOPS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm sitting here doing my usual Sunday web browsing while running the dishwasher when I start smelling hot plastic. I didn't think much of it since I work with plastic and smell it all the time. Then cough-cough it's getting smokey in here! I look in the kitchen and there's smoke coming out of the dishwasher. It"s on the heated-dry cycle so I pull the plug and open it up for look.

It appears one of the plastic container lids got blown off the top and landed on the heater in the bottom. Melted it in 2. Now I'm sitting her freezing because the doors are open letting the smoke out. Just thought I'd share,good thing I'm not like Rolex without my pants on here :hehe:

burnt-lid.JPG

If you were pantless like Rolex, you'd be freezing your winkie off......

Atleast it melted in a nice pattern...

LOL I had something sort of similar the other day. Turned the dishwasher on, made lots of noise, and smelled funny. I was dreading calling the landlord, because she leaves a lot to be desired from a tennant stand point. Turn out, a plate had slipped through the rack just enough to bind up the sprayer arm. DOH!

Dang.

We have a habit of turning on the dishwasher and either going to bed or leaving for work. Looks like we have to rethink that. Even though the wife and I don't put lids in there, one of my kids might.

That's the reason I do my dishes in the washer & dryer. You can't burn anything.
Tip: Throw the wash rag in the dryer and the dishes come out much cleaner.

What's that noise? Sounds like breaking glass.

Yeah I have been there & it sucks, had to clean the plastic off it wasn't fun

I do the dishes in the bathtub when I shower. Lessons my carbon foot print, though sometimes there's foot prints on the plates.

My dishwasher doesn't melt the plastic, but it does break the glassware. Stupid slimy soapsuds. Dang it, now I've got to change the bandages over those glass cuts.

I have a twohands dishwasher. Still breaks a glass once in a while, but has not melted any plastic lids yet.

Back