converting an old losi jrx-pro to brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got a near mint Losi jrx pro and like to convert it to brush less and lipo. The brush less motor comparable with a 540 style mounting and shaft diameter?

Yes but you'll probably just blow the rearend off of it and ruin a jem. If you go through with it, just make sure to get a motor with the propper size shaft.

If I leave the slipper clutch loose enough it shouldn't be a problem. I have a spare transmission for it too... is there a complete conversion kit out there that includes a motor, speed controller and battery?

Man the Losi JRX-Pro is an awesome buggy, vintage yet still looks modern. You should send it to me. :D

In the event you don't want to send it to me you could put a 17.5 brushless motor in it. That would give you an "up-to-date" motor in it and still give you plenty of power for fun.

Id like to make it faster with longer run times. It does still look like a modern buggy. I don't see how it.could be outdated.
2012-10-31_12-16-12_261.jpg

Back