Complete Trans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone have the part # for a complete trans I've seen them b4 but never picked one up not I'm thinking of building anther maxx and need one.. the ones on the bay are jsut getting out of hand saw one for for 120$ couple days ago

Thx

Edited for simplicity

The link below will get you the PDF file, and FLATTOP found the tranny as a whole. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Would help if i had the manual where i can find it hate to aske these types of questions after moving i can't find crap luckly i know where the nitros are .. and at those prices ill have to try and low ball me on of the bay guess itll be awhile

Thx again ..i swear I've seen up though i know they werent getting 65$ for just the cases but this was a years or 2 ago

Standby...someone is going to be posting a link for a complete tranny in a moment.

Nice...pricey...but a part number that TRAXXAS doesn't list on their parts list. Guess they want you to build one and spend an arse-load to do so...or spend an arse-load for a pre-built tranny...either way, they get you.

Thx flattop i was searching them last night and could never get it to come up always told me nothing found dang expensive bugger though .pay to play i guess :)

no prob rob, you can find them on ebay sometimes for around 60 to 80 bucks but ofcours they are not new

Originally posted by Rob D
Thx flattop i was searching them last night and could never get it to come up always told me nothing found dang expensive bugger though .pay to play i guess :)

Look FLATTOP was helpful without whining about his avatar. See, he CAN do it...;)

Ahh now come on hes being nice dont get him started :D

sheesh that full tranny is pricey. If you have a case, you can rebuild the inards in it completely for a lot cheaper. Add a FOC while you are at it(if you don't just have to have reverse). That will also save you some cash....lots of gears you no longer need when you add a FOC.

Traxxas actually will be offering a two speed module as they call it for the sportmaxx, which will include all the parts needed for the forward gear shaft including the clutch, all for $35 (I think). The clutch alone if purchased seperately is more than that. Then with a foc for $11 more and a case for about $10, and bearings, you can build a brand new tranny for about $65. Unless you just have to have reverse then your getting back up there in price again.

naw I'm ditching the reverse in this tmaxx and will in a second one when i get around to building it only need few more parts trans being one

I'm just about done with my second T too, Built it myself from the ground up, all I need is a tranny and steering servo and I will be done with it.

i need a trans ... 1 diff radio and servos and thats it maybe a hot motor for it to ...lol

Keep trying Ebay... You can get lucky, especially with
auctionstealer.com....lol

I picked up a Brand New 2.5 Tranny on Ebay for under $70...

Traxxas 2.5 Tranny

Good luck...