Collari .30 glowplug?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarzilli

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got my Collari .30 today and it didn't come with instructions. I managed to find the factory needle settings and i just need to know what kind of plug to use. I was reading through previous posts, and it just confused me more. I used to use os 8 plugs in my picco .26 and it ran great. Would this plug or any other os plug work, cause thats what my local lhs carries. If not would plugs do you guys use?

I have a Collari B3 and I like to run the O'donnell #99 plug. Runs great for me and I think it should be similar for a .30.

From Eric at Werks, McCoy 59 or McCoy 8
Eric says the 59 gives a bit better performance but will wear the mill faster than the 8

Odonnell 99 is a medium plug thats what I use, I did use mcoys but I found that odonells perform much better!

Nevaren said:
From Eric at Werks, McCoy 59 or McCoy 8
Eric says the 59 gives a bit better performance but will wear the mill faster than the 8

How does one plug wear an engine faster than another? My lhs carries Mcoy 59 so I'm gonna try them.

i to have a .30 collari,awesome motor,i use oddonnell plugs #99 so far no problems
you will really like the power,mine also sounds awesome..

jmarzilli said:
How does one plug wear an engine faster than another? My lhs carries Mcoy 59 so I'm gonna try them.
Running a hotter plug will wear the engine faster.
Makes it run hotter, or more compression, thus causing more wear on internal parts.
If your running 20%, a Mccoy #59 will be fine.
You may gain a little more longevity with the #8, but we all want to go faster, right?