Clutch bell bearings shot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I pulled the CB and flywheel from my .32, so I could put them on the Losi 454 when it gets here, but it looks like I'll be ordering a few parts first. Clutch shoes are worn pretty good, so it looks like I need a CB and shoes. yay.

once i tryed to run a clutch bell with a real small tooth count, but it used 8 mm bearings, the stock traxxas uses 10mm. well i went through 4 of the 8 mm bearings in one week. so i went back to the 10mm bearings, no more trouble.

You're having all kinds of good luck bro.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Beginning to think nitro was definitely not the way for me to go.

On a plus note, it looks like I can just get new bearings for the CB. I can get a clutch kit with shoes, springs, new flywheel, and shims for $28.86 and a pair of 5x10mm bearings for $5.91 plus shipping from NitroHouse.

I'd like to get a new exhaust as well, but first of all, I have no clue what to get, second, I need to keep it relatively cheap. Been spending way too much on this hobby.

EDIT: Looking again, I can get the Losi shielded 5x10mm bearings for $4.25. Guess I need to do a little more shopping.

Last edited:
Avid shipped my bearings today, got six just to make sure I have extras.

What about clutch shoes? Aluminum, or non? Not racing, just bashing.

Last edited: