Chip's FJ40

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the look of the 9" axle. Ran one on the rear of my real jeep. $1500 for the third member. lol.

That looks freaking sick Chip, very nice work as always...
Thanks Daddy-O

I love the look of the 9" axle. Ran one on the rear of my real jeep. $1500 for the third member. lol.
The 1:1 Toyota axle look kinda like the Ford 9. The axles under this truck supposed to look like Toyota axles. 1500.00 for a 3rd member wow. The Dana 60 Front in my old GMC was only a 1000.00 for a complete axle.

ahhh, i gotcha.

I stuffed the 9" with 5.43 gears and an ARB. $$

I can't make my mind up....

Lights on the bumper or......

DSC_0001.jpg

Lights on the windshield frame.

DSC_0002.jpg

both!!!!!

ok windshield frame

Move them closer together on the bumper. Windshield is too jeepish.

I woulds have to go with the bumper, or better yet some mini KC lights on the roof, like 4 of them across the top...

Wow this is a real nice build.. keep the pics comming!!!

Well, the transmission, transfer case, and steering servo are all in place. Just need to do some clean up work. The back bumper and sliders are next one the list.

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

i will ignore all of the amazing work and skip right to what i think is wrong. :)

whats up with the beastly set screws on your tranny-tcase link?
Any reason you used locknuts on two of your tcase mounts and then used a standard nut on the other one? (no lockwasher either)
i like scalers with 62" tires

whats the reduction ratio on the gru?
Any reduction in the tcase?

i will ignore all of the amazing work and skip right to what i think is wrong. :)
You would.....
whats up with the beastly set screws on your tranny-tcase link?
You can get them a lot tighter then a normal grub screw which only has a 1.5 mm hex
Any reason you used locknuts on two of your tcase mounts and then used a standard nut on the other one? (no lockwasher either)
It is just being mocked up ATM, I promise when it goes beck together for the final finish all will be right.
i like scalers with 62" tires
And....... :hehe:
whats the reduction ratio on the gru?
Yes, 16:1
Any reduction in the tcase?
No, it is 1:1.

What camera do you use Chip?

As always Chip you continue to amaze up with your craftsmanship, I like how the TC is sitting giving you plenty of bell clearance, gonna be sweet when it finished...

As always Chip you continue to amaze up with your craftsmanship, I like how the TC is sitting giving you plenty of bell clearance, gonna be sweet when it finished...
Thanks bro.

Well the front cross member is in place, this cross member will tie everything together on the front of this truck.

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

more updates and more shots from farther back. We know you have a cool camera, enough with the molecular level shots. :)

Well the muffler bearing was finished up tonight more pictures coming in three to four weeks. "thumbsup"

DSC00256.jpg