Charlotte, NC!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone out there know of any good place to run off road around Charlotte??? MX Tracks/ BMX Tracks??? I'm looking for a place to race/jump my T-Maxx around. Please help!!

Thanks a lot,
Bryan

Theres a really nice track about 20 min south of Charlotte off I-77 in Rock Hill SC. Its called the grove racing center, located at the Hobby Stop. They have a real nice high banked tri oval, and a real nice off road track too.

Thanks for the quick reply! I've been to The Grove many times.....the tri-oval is pretty sweet and the road course is challenging, but i'm not to crazy about their offroad track.....it's small....no big-air jumps. The particular track is more for the tighter turning stadium trucks and 1/10 buggies. Any more suggestions? thanks!

Well if you want to travel a little bit you could go up to Winston Salem. There is a place there called hobby park, they have an off road rc track, a bmx track, runway for rc planes. Its free too.

I'm all about some road trips........ where abouts in Winston/Salem??
:banana:

Charlotte Tracks

Have you found any new tracks since this post...I'm considering buying a setup but want to race, not just play around.... I used to race my 10T stadium truck in an indoor track up in roanoke... I have heard there is a track in King, NC... just was checking.

Brian

Anyone know of any offroad tracks in Raleigh area?

the link i gave above about trinity tech talk don't work no more. you can still go to www.teamtrinity.com and click on tech talk then click on where to race. theres a thread called lance norrick's track. check it out. they're racing there this weekend and it's in huntersville, which is pretty close to charlotte i think. check out www.victorylanekarting.com for info on that track.

Thanks all. Turns out someone gave me a Ofna Hyper 7 and a GS Storm... :) "good friend" and next week I'll need somewhere to go play. I'll check out Lance's race this weekend and maybe lunc on Friday. I only work a couple of miles from there so can scoot up.

HEY THERE IS A GREAT TRACK RIGHT HERE IN MATTHEWS AND ITS ON RICE ROAD NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT THERE ISNT KNOW PARKING SPACES OR NOTHIN EXCEPT RIGHT OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WHERE EVERYBODY PARKS AND YOU REALLY HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT,THE JUMPSE THERE ARE MADE FOR BMX BUT THEY HAVE BEEN KINDA WARN DOWN BUT THERE ARE SOME THAT ARE GOOD FOR REALLY HUGE AIR AND OTHERS ENOUGH NOT TO BRAKE SOMETHING ON YOUR TRUCK BUT CAN GET SOME REALLY GOOD AIR BUT IF ANYONE GOES UP THERE GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I-M ME AT TOHOT2HANDLE159 SO WE CAN RACE OR SOMETHIN I GOT A T-MAXX. I KNOW ONE OTHER TRACK AROUND HERE JUST I-M ME TO FIND OUT WHERE IT IS:hypno:

New to Nitro Truck racing in Charlotte

Hey guys, I'm buying my first Nitro truck tomorrow (T-maxx). I used to race electrics on the west coast years. I'm looking for some race tracks and people to race with.

Sam

Hey Sam, Did you buy that t-maxx? find any tracks to run?

They guy I'm supposed to buy the T-maxx from has been busy so I haven't had a chance to meet up with him to buy it yet. I have been informed of a few tracks though. I already knew about Hobby Stop in SC. I know of one on Old Statesville Road in Huntersville at the inspection station, Lance Norrick's track in Huntersville, and a track on Rice Rd. in Mint Hill/Matthews. Any tracks that I missed. I hope I meet up with this guy soon. Can anyone race with me somewhere this weekend?

Sam

Supposedly there is one in Morresville, right off of 150 after you cross the tracks. Didn't know of the one off of statesville road which would be kewl as I work off of harris blvd. I've been by Lances...what a sweet track from the road. Theere is one in kannapolis by the hobby shop out there that is pretty small. I have a t-maxx and a gs strom that need some fixin but I'm getting there. few moreweekends.

I work right off Harris too, we should meet up and I can show you the track on Old Statesville

anyone thinking of racing wed. probably up at rock hill at the hobby stop i went there last weekend and its not that wide of a track but its free to run there till july for practice but man i went threw a turn there and was fish tailing and got it back in control and ran cliped the fence there and broke front skid plate and front bulk head but i got it fixed so I'm ready to race tell me if you want to race there wed.

T-Maxx Winning, can you take pictures of this track. I travel to Charlotte frequently and I would love to take a look at this track.

Yes, I would like to see pictures also... this area desperately needs a picture / direction / description website for all the local tracks... :)

pics

I know this is a few days old but, here are some pic's of the dirt track at rockhill, and the on road as well.

Pics of dirt
http://www.hobbystop.com/Robbsteroffroad.htm

Pics of oval
http://www.hobbystop.com/robbsterOval.htm

If this don't show up as links, just cut and paste in your url.

Directions to store:
If you take 77 going towards columbia, get off at exit 77, take a right, and your on hwy. 5, there about 2 blocks on the right.

Hobbystop is a nice place, I've been there a few time picking up parts and stuff for my t-maxx, but i haven't run on either of the tracks yet , I'm still new to the hobby myself.

Well I hope this helps.. :thumbsup:

Back