Car Trivia!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They used HEMI because the engines have a hemispherical combustion chamber.

Let's make this a little more modern, how many 1999 3000GT VR4s were sold new in the US?

What Japanese Car Company stopped production on this car model in 2006and returning in 2008?

Mitsubishi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the 0-60 time for a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo S?

Mitsubishi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the 0-60 time for a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo S?

Yes. So what model?

They used HEMI because the engines have a hemispherical combustion chamber.

Let's make this a little more modern..

The wife drives the modern version

DSC_1809_sm.jpg

LS7

7.0 / 427

Horsepower 505 (373 kW) @ 6200 rpm

Torque (lb-ft) 475 (644 Nm) @ 4800 rpm

Engine redline (rpm) 7000

------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the most powerful V-8 ever produced.
The Ford 427 cammer was.
657 HP @ 7500 rpm
550 lb-ft or torque.

The wife drives the modern version

DSC_1809_sm.jpg

Nice. What were two other "Hemi" engines that were not Mopar?

Question : What is the most powerful production V-8 ever made..

Production v-8 the Cammer was not a production v-8

"Very few were made, possibly as few as 50 were sold to the general public. They were, really, totally unsuitable as a street engine, and it's unlikely any were bought for any purpose other than as a racecar. The 12:1 compression ratio calls for racing gasoline only"

This is NOT a production v-8.

Question : What is the most powerful production V-8 ever made...

At first I thought it was the new 505hp LS7 but then I found this:

Mercedes-AMG has released the world’s most powerful naturally aspirated production car V8, a 6.3-litre engine that harks back in capacity – if not technology – to one of the great V8s in Mercedes history. With an output of 375kW (510hp) at 6800 rpm, the all-aluminium engine incorporates a bunch of technological innovations including a variable intake manifold with two integrated throttle flaps. Peak torque is 630Nm at 5200 rpm, with 500Nm available from just 2000 rpm....

Who built the fastest 0-60 Corvette, and what was the 0-60 time?

Last edited:
Who built the fastest 0-60 Corvette, and what was the 0-60 time?

At first, I was going to say the 2001 lingenfelter 0-60 at 1.9 seconds. Then, I found the 2003 Halltech vette did 0-60 in 1.4 seconds. Talk about speed (and money)!

-------------------------------------

Fastest Ford production car made. :lick:

Question : What is the most powerful production V-8 ever made..

Production v-8 the Cammer was not a production v-8

"Very few were made, possibly as few as 50 were sold to the general public. They were, really, totally unsuitable as a street engine, and it's unlikely any were bought for any purpose other than as a racecar. The 12:1 compression ratio calls for racing gasoline only"

This is NOT a production v-8.

The Cammer was installed in street cars.You look up a Galaxy and an engine option is the Cammer 427..So it WAS a production V-8..

Last edited:
Better check your facts before you correct me....

http://www.tvacres.com/autos_sitcoms_bundy.htm

Thus the reason it was referred to as "the Dodge" rather than "the Plymouth" Dodge made the Dart, Plymouth made the Duster.

:LoL: Better finish reading the site you quoted from before trying to correct me :LoL:

An excerpt from the site you got your facts from..

"TRIVIA NOTE: Some inconsistencies included the facts that Al mentioned he had his car in high school in 1966 even though on two different occasions he says the car is a 1971 and a 1974 model. Also the car is obviously a 1970s model Plymouth Duster although referred to as a Dodge ("I don't want a Plymouth, Peg, I want my Dodge, dagnabbit!") Both Plymouth and Dodge were manufactured by Chrysler. "

Back