car audio question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntCtchMe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a 1 farad capacitor off ebay and it did not come with the resistor to charge and discharge it, i had one for my old cap that got stolen but i threw it away thinking i would never need it again, i was just wondering what size resistor i need to get any help would be greatly appriciated

thanks thats an awesome site, i know the basix of installations and stuff but i think that website will come in very handy in the near future.

The really dumb question time; do they actually help out the system, and if so, how?

My subs used to dim my headlights to the point of almost shutting 'em off, so I started turning the radio off at night (yeah, I know, I should anyways, hah).

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk

thats a very good website, that will tell you everything you need to know, and if not theres a forum to just ask.
those people hate power caps, best use is a door stop.
i dont have one personally, and i have a screen or 2 in my car which dim when bass starts with the engine off.

if its draining that bad, you need a better battery and or alternator at a guess

power caps do help out if you hook them up right, depending on how much wattage you are using and what kind of battery and the size of your altenator, if you have a little 4cyl. car then i would suggest one if you have an amp bigger than 500 watts, the bigger your engine more or less the bigger the altenator which can handle more bass hits, i have a acura integra and i had a poineer 760w mossfet amp in there and it dimmed everything with just 2 10" subs hitting, i put a 1 farad cap in there and the problem was solved, but all that got stolen last year.