can't unlock brakes? Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes ..you should be able to flip the carb with no problems ....and make sure you seal everything good before you start it ;)

So now that i have the new engine I am debating if I should seal it or not i figure now that its new would be the best time since its new but a little hesitant on taking apart the whole engine with the fear of it not working properly once its complete.

I came across this reading below and #9 says avoid silicone

http://www.duratrax.com/techsupport/runwell-10ways.html

thanks for all you help.

So now that i have the new engine I am debating if I should seal it or not i figure now that its new would be the best time since its new but a little hesitant on taking apart the whole engine with the fear of it not working properly once its complete.

I came across this reading below and #9 says avoid silicone

http://www.duratrax.com/techsupport/runwell-10ways.html

thanks for all you help.

i strongly suggest you seal it ....normal silicone is not good ...you need the sensor safe copper rvt ....like the one he uses in the video ...it will not harm anything ...everybody uses that

Is nitro force nitro car cleaner ok to use to clean engine before sealing?

I will be sealing it tomorrow so I took off the back plate to get a head start and striped 2 of the 4 screws, not the start i was looking for but i was able to get them loose with pliers.

I even picked up some wiha screwdrivers to help avoid striping screws which i am pretty sure are good quality please correct me if I'm wrong?
Do they sell most of the screws for these trucks with those screws that you use an allen wrench with, can't think of the name? but i would love to replace a lot of them with those kind?
just to play it safe, is a paper towel or a rag better to use when cleaning the engine?

thanks again

Last edited:
Nitro cleaner will be fine. Just remember to lube the internals with after run or fresh fuel before you start it. Use a towel that won't leave any particles behind. Compressed air is best. As long as it's clean air.:)

Thanks
How do I go about lubing the internals once it is back together using fuel? The engine is brand new never been started if that makes a difference .

Thanks again

A couple drops of fuel or aro down the glow plug hole will do the trick. Then rotate it by hand until your satisfied.

Just want to make sure I don't out this back wrong, when putting this back that grove cutout on the back of the backplate should catch that pin sticking out of the piston inside the engine?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 108
Just want to make sure I don't out this back wrong, when putting this back that grove cutout on the back of the backplate should catch that pin sticking out of the piston inside the engine?

from what i can see ...yes ...pic is a bit blurry ...but it looks right to me ;)

Finished the sealing of the engine, will be starting it up tomorrow to do the break in.
Can I use my old glow plug which maybe was used for two tanks of gas for the breakin this way I can use the new one in there for after the break in.

Also while cleaning with nitro cleaner I guess I got some inside because I could hear it when I would shake the engine, I tried to shake it all out but i'm guessing that stuff will dry everything out in there will putting some fuel in from the glow plug like mentioned above be enough to lube up the insides Before I start it up?

Thanks again

although i never do it, it is strongly suggested that with a brand new engine, you should take it all completely apart and soak it in fuel. this makes sure everything is clean and makes it positively without a doubt, free of any shaving from manufacturing. that little noise your hearing is probably normal. sometimes the crankshaft slides a little bit inside the engine, or the con. rod moves a little on its "perch" this will make that noise.

your old glowplug should be fine to use. i actually would keep it in untill it goes bad and keep the new one as a spare. i would break this engine in using the heatcycle breakin method. it is described in the nitro thread in one of the sticky's