Sold / Found Camera upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you check B&H? They have great deals on used cameras and they come with a 90 day warranty, and a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I got my 50D used from them, it had only 2000 shutter clicks on it when I got it, it came with all the manuals, cables, battery, strap and original box. It looked absolutely brand new when I got it. Also, no tax if you live outside of NY, and the shipping was free too.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

BTW, be careful with the 7d, do a google search for 7d soft focus issues. I have heard of many of them having that problem.

But what kind of guarantee are you going to get on the bay? Free shipping? if you don't like it you can't send it back, if it fails within 90 days too bad so sad. Just something to think about.

I'm extremely cautious when buying something used and costly from ebay. I won't buy unless I can return a product with a defect.

I currently have the EOS Rebel XT but the viewfinder is the ONLY way to compose the picture. The LCD screen will only show it after it is taken.

This is what I have now:

url
url
$T2eC16h,!y0E9s2S9KJLBRUPRilLH!~~60_57.jpg

This is what I want. Aside from upgrading from 8 MP to 18 the 7D has the full 3" LCD screen with the LED info screen on top.
It also has the ability to cable out to a laptop as a viewfinder. Ideal for extreme closeups.
$_57.jpg

Last edited:
From B&H you can return it not only if there is a defect but if you are unhappy with it for any reason.

I wish I bought the current one there. Their prices are half of what I paid and it wasn't long before the lack of the LCD viewfinder made me unhappy.

Wait until you get one of these in your hands. My ex has a T3i, it's so tiny and toyish next to my 50D. I love the larger size, the magnesium allow body, the large screen, all the options to set it up just how you want it. The difference is night and day from the consumer rebel line, to the pro-sumer cameras.

I have heard the 7D MKII will have a full frame sensor rather than the 1.6 crop factor sensor. After my old film EOS 1n I have always wanted a full frame digital model, but they are quite expensive.

I just checked out your 50D, and the prices are really good considering it has what I'm looking for. 15MP is MORE than adequate since I'm not printing billboard signs.
Is the 3" LCD also a viewfinder?
It appears to be the same size as my current one which I need for my big hands.

Yep, the 50D screen is also a viewfinder, but like I said it will suck up batteries. I rarely use it as a viewfinder, especially for shooting fast action stuff. It also can shoot 6.5 frames per second. Make sure you get a good quality memory card. I use Lexar Professional 800x 16 gig cards.

It is quite a bit heavier and larger than any rebel, it's about the same as a 7D. I absolutely love mine! The slash pics I posted were taken with it, and the corn snake pics and the dragonfly pic I posted were all taken with it. I do shoot everything in raw though, the images are much more editable, jpeg, not so much. I use Canon DPP program to do my post processing work. You can find really good deals on them since it is an older model now, but I don't regret buying mine for a minute.

I've been researching it between postings, and I think that's the one. It WILL connect to the PC.

Anyone looking for an immaculate Canon EOS Rebel XT? Silver body.

I have the full registered version of PhotoShop. That's how I crop, edit and print everything.
Is the Canon program a freebie?

Not sure? I got it with my camera. Most likely you can download it from Canon's website. But if you shoot raw, you need a program to convert raw to jpeg, after, you do your post processing. I then use Photoshop7 to do my cropping and any further adjustments I need or want to.

I quit buying new bodies and now concentrate on better lenses.
Rolex, havent you learned that tossing money at a new body wont make you a better photographer. :D

Rolex, havent you learned that tossing money at a new body wont make you a better photographer. :D
WOW! A cameo appearance from our very own @FastEddy! Good to see you.
What I HAVE learned is that tossing money at a new body makes me a better lover. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back