Buku Clutch with Picco JL Red Dot?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so these are the following option for the 1/8 scale clutches. which size is needed for the picco .26 JL motor? and I'm guessing the 34-38mm is the diameter of the clutch shoes when closed. so what size cb will that fit and what type of cb is recommended?

1/8 Scale 34mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes - $79.00
1/8 Scale 36mm Clutch Kit (fits Durango) - $69.00
1/8 Scale 36mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes (fits Durango) - $79.00
1/8 Scale 38mm Clutch Kit (Dirt Oval) - $69.00
1/8 Scale 38mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes (Dirt Oval) - $79.00

so these are the following option for the 1/8 scale clutches. which size is needed for the picco .26 JL motor? and I'm guessing the 34-38mm is the diameter of the clutch shoes when closed. so what size cb will that fit and what type of cb is recommended?

1/8 Scale 34mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes - $79.00
1/8 Scale 36mm Clutch Kit (fits Durango) - $69.00
1/8 Scale 36mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes (fits Durango) - $79.00
1/8 Scale 38mm Clutch Kit (Dirt Oval) - $69.00
1/8 Scale 38mm Clutch Kit with Komposite Shoes (Dirt Oval) - $79.00

34mm is the diameter of the flywheel.

Is the Picco a direct drop in for the TRX 3.3 (I assume it's going on a revo)? If so you may want the 1/10 size Buku. The 1/8 stuff is a little larger and requires a different size CB. If in doubt call/email Dave(?) at Buku and he will help you out!

Ascendency racing has some cheap clutch bells, make sure you get a vented bell w/ the komposite shoes.

You will be amazed at what this clutch can do. From wheelies on demand to zero-wheel-spin-massive-acceleration on any surface. It does what you want it to!

will the factory revo clutch bell work for time being? or is vented needed?

Unless you really NEED the adjustability of the buku clutch, I'd get an m2c, which is still adjustable....the difference being that you must change the springs. 70-80 bucks is way too much for me blow on a clutch.
Definetely get the one for t-maxx/revo 3.3, the picco has the same shaft as a 3.3.

can i use the factory clutchbell with the m2c

Unless you really NEED the adjustability of the buku clutch, I'd get an m2c, which is still adjustable....the difference being that you must change the springs. 70-80 bucks is way too much for me blow on a clutch.
Definetely get the one for t-maxx/revo 3.3, the picco has the same shaft as a 3.3.

Actually for the alloy shoe Buku it is $49, for an alloy shoe M2C it is $45. (But it is totally worth the komposite Buku shoes for an extra $10, they literally last forever and don't gunk up your cb w/ aluminum)

Is it worth $4 to be able to change your clutch action without taking anything off or apart, and having infinite tuning possibilities? Hmmmmmmm.......... :hehe:

Changing spring on M2C is not exactly fun, unless you have the tool which then puts you way over the cost of a Buku system.

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Don't need a tool, thanks.
I'll stick with what I have for now.

Any one wanna answer my question

Ya as far as buku adjustability it's great you don't need to even take it off the shaft just the allen screws one for each spring.

Getting the new clutch they don't have on there site... Same as revo one but:

"The new shoe is a Brass Bonded Komposite (BBK) shoe. *It's the same Kompoiste style shoe that you ordered but instead of being an Aluminum (ABK) shoe backer the new shoe backer is brass."