Breaking in Jpx .28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecz28

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
got my jpx put together today :)....put it in the truck, and heated it up via hair dryer, to where my starter box might be able to handle it, as this thing is really tight...you gotta work to spin the thing by hand (the way it was before it blew up) so hit it a few times on the starter to no avail...my brand new glow plug was fouled due to the oil i put in the motor to help with initial start/up break-in...put a used plug in it, and popped right off...purred like a big ole kitty....only died one time, vs my revo dieing a good 18 times on its 1st tank yesterday...so a good day so far...i got enough of a early start on my break in tonite, to where i might be able to get some high speed running in today...I'm stoked....

well, got the truck running good, only made it thru 3 1/2 tanks before, the good ole spektrum radio glitched, and got the truck acting all goofy again and doing what ever it wants to do...so to prevent un wanted damage i had to take one for the team, it happend to go wot on me, and headed straight towards my foot...i held my foot out and braced for impact....slmmed my foot hard enough to break the front bracing (carbon fiber) and bent the strut tower braces...this radio is pissing me off and costing me alotta damn money....but, on the other hand the truck was running great.

I read your other thread on the Radio. Sounds like you still havent bound the radio properly. When youve got everything switched on (motor off) and everythings working, throttle/brake and steering, switch off the transmitter and the brake should go on and steering should go to the left or right. This is the failsafe kicking in.

uhm, i know how to bind the radio. and re tested the fail safe in it a good 5 times before even attempting to start the truck...after the radio has been on for say 10 minutes or so, it just gets way glitchy, and does what it wants.. for exaple, if the radio wasn't bound correctly, thats not gonna cause the throttle to rapidly go to w.o.t then to maybe half then full brake then back up to wot while the steering rapidly goes left and right. then stops everything it was doing for a second then goes full blast w.o.t again....when it fails, it just goes full brake end of story

uhm, i know how to bind the radio. and re tested the fail safe in it a good 5 times before even attempting to start the truck...after the radio has been on for say 10 minutes or so, it just gets way glitchy, and does what it wants.. for exaple, if the radio wasn't bound correctly, thats not gonna cause the throttle to rapidly go to w.o.t then to maybe half then full brake then back up to wot while the steering rapidly goes left and right. then stops everything it was doing for a second then goes full blast w.o.t again....when it fails, it just goes full brake end of story

If the brakes go on full when you switch the Tx of then yeah you do have it setup right.

What model receiver do you have? What brand/model throttle servo are you running?

The only other things I can think of would be loose solder connections in either the servo or inside the receiver. It would pay to open them both up and thoroughly check all the solder joints, including on the circuit boards.

If all of that checks out then if you can, I would be asking for a refund or exchange for a futaba radio.

can't expect a refund or exchange, as this radio was on my ofna when i bought it used...so have no paper work for the radio at all... and once again loose connections just arent going to cause all these problems...spektrum just sucks sweaty ball sac..case closed

i went acoms when i brought my radio and it may not be such a good brand but i am still yet to have any problems with it so i will stick by it