Bountygate now spygate II?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know I'm a little behind the times on this latest headlines but DAMN!!! First the Saints was busted for Bountygate and now they are being accused of their GM listening to opponents communications during games!?!?!?!

I have to admit, I had to stop listening to NFL Radio on Sirius for a few weeks after their punishment came down from the NFL - just got sick and tired listening to their fans call in and whine and complain, not understanding why they got the punishment they got and of course my favorite excuse "everyone else does it". I can only imagine their excuses and crying that's going to happen if this Spygate II is in fact proven!

I'm sick of hearing about it, ready for football to start and the BS to end!

Piss on the Saints!

Everyone knows what they really did wrong.............got caught! LOL

Last edited:
I guess this year with all the sanctions, we can call them the Aint's.....

If they sign Brees all will be well and they will still make the playoffs! If they don't sign Brees I'll have to go dig out my old aints paper bag!

Piss on the Saints!

I chuckled.

If they sign Brees all will be well and they will still make the playoffs! If they don't sign Brees I'll have to go dig out my old aints paper bag!

Not that I have to much room to talk myself being a Colts fan, but with or without Brees I'm not sure I see the Saints going to the playoffs this year and that's not counting all the likely player suspensions still to come due to bountygate.

Further that with this new Spygate II stuff... while still extremely early, and I hope all false, but if true holy hell the Saints are in a whirlwind of trouble. Not only in the NFL but possibly the State and Federal level! :whhooo:

I'd probably go ahead and dust off the paper bag now just to have it ready.

The main thing I dont get is why? Its not like you could utilize the things he was getting from the opposing coaches. By the time he would hear something and get it relayed back to his coaching staff and get it to the field they were already 3-4 plays past that 1. Robmob has a point. Just like the patriots and the original spygate - they got caught. Every team cheats. Its just a question of not only how they do it but if they get caught. If you talk to all the head coaches they will say they would never do something like that. They are full of crap. Most have or still are doing it. Its only cheating when you get caught.

While I don't necessarily discount having a live audio feed of the other teams communication to be worthless, I can see how it would be hard to relay that information to your teams coaches in a meaningful way.

However, if the allegations are in fact true it was said they had this access for three seasons. You play your divisional teams twice a year and as much as NFL teams try not to be predictable and random, they are still people and people do create tendencies or patterns. Finding and identifying those would be huge for any team. The NFL knows this, that's why there is a rule against it.

So yeah it may not pay off instantly but in the long run, there's a chance this could be some very valuable information.

So yeah it may not pay off instantly but in the long run, there's a chance this could be some very valuable information.

They can use game tape to learn things over a period of time. There has to be a way to use it during the current game or it would be useless IMO.

They can use game tape to learn things over a period of time. There has to be a way to use it during the current game or it would be useless IMO.

You are correct, and they do... why do you think they watch game tapes before they play a team. It's not just to watch the game for fun, they are looking for clues, tendencies, an upper edge.

I'm not a coach nor have I played in the NFL but I find it hard to believe having audio of another teams coaching staff in real time being of no benefit. Considering...

"In Loomis' case, the coincidental facts look terrible. He routinely sat in a box next to the Saints' assistant coaches, separated by only a glass panel. The allegations suggest Loomis had an earpiece he could simply plug in to listen to the opposing coaches and their staffs, in real time, during games." -source: espn

Even if it's one play you learn from another team, they call it and you can relay that info to your team as soon as they call it. In a game where a team might get what 15 possessions a game... being able to know their play is huge.

Than again, you could be 100% right for all I know - the information is worthless to a GM. That doesn't ignore the fact it's against the rules of the NFL. I personally hope it's not true.

Than again, you could be 100% right for all I know - the information is worthless to a GM.

I don't think it's worthless at all, and it's probably true. What I meant with my comment is that there has to be a way to use the info immediately, spying for future use doesn't make much since to me.

I can see your point. Though I guess I'm seeing it a little differently - think of it as saving for retirement, putting away a few dollars now doesn't pay off huge tomorrow but instead during the long run it does. If a team calls "zula echo yo yo" :) two or three times during a game or/season and it's always the same play... then when they call it again... in the future it could pay off big.

Guess there's a few ways to skin a cat. :D

Back