Blisters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robby

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got 4 blisters from a hyper 8 port today what should the LSN be at for 1st start :drool: :drool:

robby, I believe the LSN should be 3 turns out from flush with the slide on a hypre 8 but I am not 100% sure on that. has this engine already been broken in? if not id say that an extra 1/2 to 1 turn out should be given. i think the final setting is somewhere close to flush with the ball cup.

i bet your getting alot of fuel pouring out of the exhaust? if so read your manual hsn should be 4.5 or 5 from closed..dont mess with your lsn till you get it started..hell i got 12 tanks through my 8 port and i am still playing with the needles

Ya. I had the same problem. I had to turn the HSN in 2 turns to get it started. It was so hard to start, it flooded all the time. And I got blisters all over 2 of my fingers on my right hand. :angry:

The actual setting is a mystery for this engine. If you set it according to what the manual says, it will flood on the first pull. When I finally got mine started, I had the HSN 5 turns out and the LSN 3 1/2 turns in from flush. 2 pulls and it was running. Before it starts to heat up, richen the LSN until it sounds like it wants to die. Lean it a 1/16 and let it run. This really does work!

Just curious, has anyone tried to loosen the glo-plug by a half of a turn before starting? Sometimes this will give you enough compression loss to get it started. Then, once running, tighten it back down. JUST a half turn.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Just curious, has anyone tried to loosen the glo-plug by a half of a turn before starting? Sometimes this will give you enough compression loss to get it started. Then, once running, tighten it back down. JUST a half turn.

I was wondering the same thing myself. This is often helpful, especially for high compression engines like the 8 port.

no but 2 washer on the glow plug works good

The good thing about loosening the glow plug, is once you get it fired up, you can tighten it back down.

Back