blackberry question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Is there any way to make it so you have way more characters per text? Like now its at 160 and I run out of room and have to send it then open and finish what I was saying then send another one. I wanna just type it all out then let the recipient recieve it in a couple different texts.

I called my local dealer and they werent sure. Thanks Rc, I'll just try sending them as mms when I know I'm going to be saying alot.

It really isn't just a BB issue. It is Verizon. They think limiting your texts to 160 characters will make you send more texts. More texts=more charges. I have the Unlimited plan but it is still only 5000 texts to out-of-network customers. Believe it or not I have gone over. A couple times. Gets expensive at .25 cents per...

cheat and send it as a picture message with no picture.......... it lets you use 1,000 charaters......

cheat and send it as a picture message with no picture.......... it lets you use 1,000 charaters......

Hell yeah! Thanks Des!

You never said to not send a pic :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: plus your a middle aged dude, its not near the same! lol. halfpint did point out that it was up to a 1000 characters though, so she one up'd ya. Diserving of a thanks.

I'm on unlimited too but luckily have not gone over. I just hate talking on the phone is why I text, dont have any of those long silent pauses while your thinking of what to say lol.

Last edited:
mine does what you want (sprint) if i type out a book, it automatically sends it in multiple messages.

My Eris does that but it's all in the app, called Handcent SMS. Will cut up texts into groups of three per Verizon architecture. But if the text is longer than three 160 count messages then it sends it as a MMS.

My Eris does that but it's all in the app, called Handcent SMS. Will cut up texts into groups of three per Verizon architecture. But if the text is longer than three 160 count messages then it sends it as a MMS.

I have a BB Storm with Verizon. It cuts me off at about 160 count even if I am using MMS.

But, thanks for the tip on sending it as a pic!

Hmmm... Didn't I suggest that? MMS??? A girl gets all kinds of sweetness and I get nada. Damn....

HAHA, i was thinking the same thing. a guy can ask how many cells are in a 3S lipo and we flame him to no end. A girl asks the same question and these clowns write paragraphs, post pictures and offer their phone number in case she needs it explained further.

kids......

I have a BB Storm with Verizon. It cuts me off at about 160 count even if I am using MMS.

But, thanks for the tip on sending it as a pic!

I had the same problem, no change with "mms", now just gotta go to my camera and open a pic to send then just delete it and it will go to 1000.

Hmmm... Didn't I suggest that? MMS??? A girl gets all kinds of sweetness and I get nada. Damn....

Didnt change with mms straight from a blank message, but THANKS for the input.

Thats the ticket, just gotta go into my camera to do it but I dont send that big of texts too much so no biggy.

HAHA, i was thinking the same thing. a guy can ask how many cells are in a 3S lipo and we flame him to no end. A girl asks the same question and these clowns write paragraphs, post pictures and offer their phone number in case she needs it explained further.

kids......

Flaming will get you no where if I see it.

BTW, I am NOT impressed with the Storm. I use a Curve for work, and thought the Storm wold be great for personal use along side the Curve.

HOWEVER, I refuse to go to AT&T service just so I can get the iPhone...:angry:

Flaming will get you no where if I see it.

yawn.jpg

Theres a suprise.

thats a goofy lookin baby pic. HAHAAHA

Back