Best Stadium

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by elburro

First, I've owned a Rustler. Great basher, boring racer (for me). Too fast out of the box. Theres was no class to fit it into. What good is winning a race with a 50MPH model when you know most everyone else is gonna top out at like 45MPH? I hadda go race with the 1/10 on-road guys just to get decent competition. Just didn't work for me.

EB

Are you saying it was the best racer? Well whats wrong with that? Its just that the other manufacturers are jealous.

THE XXXNT IS JUST AS EASY TO WORK ON AS WELL. I HAVE NEVER PUT A KIT TOGETHER IN MY LIFE, I BOUGHT THE DRAKE EDITON KIT AND WITH THE AWSOME INSTRUCTION MANUAL, IT WAS A BREEZE. NOT TO MENTION IF YOU GET THE READY TO RUN, YOU GET A BETTER RADIO THAN MOST(JR AM COMPUTER). I WAS JUST AT THE KYOSHO NITRO CHALLANGE IN ST.LOUIS AND A LOT OF CARS SEEMED TO BREAK THIS YEAR. MOSTLY SHOCKS AND BALL CUPS. XXNT AND RC10GT HELD UP. :mex:

:n00bie: LHS recommends the Duramax Nitro evader ST. says its trouble free, engine is bullet proof, not tuning finnicky and pretty quick. User frendly for a novice. I'm getting ready to get my first whatever. Like the T-MAXX but to start I think the Evader is a better starting point. Price out the door fuel and all, just go home fuel it up and break it in is $300. So talk to me. Pros and con???? Ric :drool: Thanks

grumpn - welcome to RCNT. if u search around this site for the brand name Duratrax, u will not see very many happy customers. I have had one of their RC cars as my first, and had nothing but problems, RobH has also tried several of their offerings, again having nothing but problems. Sometimes i wonder if the markup isnt higher on them, and thats why the LHS's recommend them. The winningest truck of all time is the RC10GT by Team Associated. You can pick up the RTR version of this truck for the same or less as the Duratrax. I would Strongly recommend something else other than a duratrax product. If you can afford the tab, the Losi XXXNT RTR is also a great choice, but about 80.00 more than the RC10GT. Hope this info helps.

listen to NitroAddict...except the losi is only like 50 more than the rc10gt, not 80. i have the losi, but you will be happy with either. pick the one that fits your budget.

also i noticed you said you wanted a tmaxx...theres nothing wrong with starting with a monster truck if thats what you really want. although you may want to look into the hpi savage .21 or SS kit if you want a monster truck. by all means dont be afraid to get an MT as your first nitro truck. its no different than getting a stadium truck first.

Last edited:
Get an RC10 GT, you won't be disappointed.:classic:

Thanks guys. I had noticed a lack of conversation about the Duratrax cars. Price is a matter of self control only. I'm over 50 & retiring in a couple months. I have a go fast fishing boat, shoot competitive skeet & this is a new toy. Not looking for competition.
Yet anyway. Want a trouble free vehicle that I can upgrade easily that doesn't require a lot of tuning or tinkering just to run it around the yard or at a track once in a while. Like the idea of 4WD & the T-Maxx and Savage intrigue me. Appreciate any input & it looks like I"ll be reading the T-Maxx and Savage threads.:n00bie: Thanks again Ric

grumpn - if u plan on doing mostly backyard grass running, i would recommend the Monster trucks if u can afford them. The ST's tend to bog down and overheat in thick grass, where as the MT's will not.

Yeah I'd be all about the XXX-NT Drake edition. I've actually been eyeing this truck for a while now.

Originally posted by stackerrush
:OMG:

dude get a rush they are awsome
I hope that was a joke.

Back