Best Revo and ERevo upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm mainly a basher, not much racing and I'm wondering what you think are the best upgrades, best bang for the buck so to speak, for the Revo and ERevo brushless?

the revo id have to say pull start, pushglo, temp gauge, forward only conversion, 2075 throttle servo (moved from one of the steering), wing, 2nd fuel tank (header tank, stops mid tank lean), if you run it on the road a wheelie bar wouldnt be a bad idea. then finally a Big Block Motor.

4fe028b3.jpg

RPM arms, Motorsaver filter, THS racing or ERCM pipe, Oil the stock shocks and diffs, and some new tires and wheels, New steering servo and replace throttle brake with one of the old steering servos and if you really plan on bashing a good rollcage.

2012-08-18_16-38-37_984.jpg

2012-07-19_18-19-15_278.jpg

RPM Arms and Bumpers. Replaced the bumpers on the Revo 3.3 and bumpers and arms on the mERV. Absolutely no problems with any of it.

i would replace the arms and bumpers when the trx ones break, till then there is nothing wrong with em. i replaced my arms all round as i hit a gutter and one of the arms broke.

Tekno is top of the line ... You can't get any better carriers for a revo than the teknos in my opinion. Keep in mind these will not work with the RPM true-track rear but you can buy standard rear RPM arms and keep the toe-links if you want to run these on all four corner.

Well id like to use all 4 the same. Will the teknos take the slop away?

If your just bashing a little slop I don't think if a bad thing. It takes some of the hard hits better instead of having a solid part that is more likely to snap.

Ok so the slop isnt such a bad thing? I'm just rippin it theough the yard in the grass. But I'm runnig a big block lrp .28 in a revo lol so

Yeh I have the z28r in mine. Hopefully taking it for a run today. Running out of fuel tho lol. Just make sure all your shaft screws etc are tight otherwise they wear out ur parts quicker

Yeah i saw a pic of urs and didnt know if it was a 28 or 30 lol. These engines kick butt
What pipe are u running? I have the dynamite 053. U got any vids?

Last edited:
I have the 086 or what ever it is. I have some vids. I'll go take a new one now

lol, i only have around a tank of fuel left after todays quick run. ill see what i can do in the next week

Lol il try to get more too. What gearing are u running?

36\17 atm

---------- Post added at 7:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:43 PM ----------

shizcol, that grass is pretty thick. your temps would be getting higher than they need to be. you got any dirt/shorter grass areas to run on?

I mowed the grass that after noon. Its alot better now.

hey revo what clutch are u using on your revo?

Back