Best motor for HPI Micros?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudiRS4

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Do any one of you guys know which is the best motor i can get for a HPI Micro? Any ideas or answers?

You want to go the extra mile get a mamba comp x and a good 3 cell lipo. You want something reasonable go get a peak chubby.

What motor and batteries are you running now? If you are running NiCad's or Alkalines, you will find that just a battery upgrade to nihms will make your ride come alive..it's amust with and upgraded motor.

How are peak chubby's for torque.. is it a 370 motor?
I got the fireball over the stock motor for my Venom mini giant and I love it with Nihms..but a guy can always have more

lykan said:
What motor and batteries are you running now? If you are running NiCad's or Alkalines, you will find that just a battery upgrade to nihms will make your ride come alive..it's amust with and upgraded motor.

How are peak chubby's for torque.. is it a 370 motor?
I got the fireball over the stock motor for my Venom mini giant and I love it with Nihms..but a guy can always have more

Just back from out of town for 2 weeks, well about my set-up, i have a Team Orion Elite Modified motor w/ a 7.2V 1200 Boost nimh. It's faster than the stock motor but i want more speed. Do you guys know anyting about the Graupner speed 300 motors? i heard its good...

The Graupner speed 300 is great bang for your buck.....it's a quick motor no doubt. My personal reccomendation is to go for this motor: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHK6&P=7 . I've been using that motor for a while now, and it's got more low end than the Speed 300 and more top end. IMO it is THE best motor for the money out there.

What speed control are you using?

GilBeQuick said:
The Graupner speed 300 is great bang for your buck.....it's a quick motor no doubt. My personal reccomendation is to go for this motor: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHK6&P=7 . I've been using that motor for a while now, and it's got more low end than the Speed 300 and more top end. IMO it is THE best motor for the money out there.

What speed control are you using?

Thanks for the info, i have a Futaba mc230cr ESC. Will that motor in http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHK6&P=7 work with my ESC?

Gill, in the picture it says that it does not have replaceable brushes.. but it sure looks like it in the picture.. are they replaceable?

Yes they are! You can use the "Mini Monster" brushes.
I'm telling you, it's one kickass motor.