Batteries for my planes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crater49

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have two planes that take the same battery. They are older and can't find replacements. The battery is an RFI 1300mAh 11.1V 3S1P 20c lithium polymer with an HXT connector. I took the battery to a local R/C hobby store and the owner said he had nothing to replace it with. He also said he had no idea what kind of connector it was. Is there any way I can find a replacement without having to get a battery and having to change connectors? I also need to get a charger for the batteries.

If you could provide dimensions of the battery, I'm sure myself or someone smarter could point you in the right direction.

I think finding the battery is the easy part but soldering is easy also.
My suggestion would be, change connectors.
You could also wire up some connector conversions but that adds resistance
and could heat things up a little.

https://rcbattery.com/liperior-1300mah-3s-45c-11-1v-lipo-battery-with-xt60-plug.html

This is close but I don't see anything with that connector on it. I do see adapters to covert it to EC3 connectors which are common. That being said, I despise adapters and I'd advise you to solder a new connector on instead.

The site I linked above are great batteries for the $$.

Hope that helps.
I found adapters so might go that route for now. Thank you so much for your help

Adapters aren't optimal, but I have been using them for 10+ years in my planes without any problems. What planes are you flying? and in case nobody has mentioned it we love pictures here. :thumbs-up:

Dont use connectors that go from one connector to another. Solder like a newer connector on..like a xt 60

Back