Basher Style of Choice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panko75

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Simple question, for just jumping or running around on dirt, what is your favorite type of basher? Be it monster truck, SCT, buggy, rally car, etc.

For me its a toss up between buggies and monster trucks, SCT bodies aren't cheap, and rally cars really need specific terrain to work while being one of the more expensive catagories.

Mine is what ever it is duck taped up from breakage. And just destroy it from there till it doesn’t go anymore. Use the unbroken stuff for another project..

I've only got the one basher, i dunno what it it. i guess a truggy? following along so i can learnthe differences and capabilities tho.
mines an hbx knock off amazon basher. love it tho it takes what i give it and usually doesn't complain, few times it has complained I've repaired it and made happy again

I've only got the one basher, i dunno what it it. i guess a truggy? following along so i can learnthe differences and capabilities tho.
mines an hbx knock off amazon basher. love it tho it takes what i give it and usually doesn't complain, few times it has complained I've repaired it and made happy again
Buggies are kind of the original RC car, low with small wheels. Good on dirt, track, or asphalt, and the better ones keep crap out of the chassis.

If your HBX is a low slung 4wd buggy chassis with a truck body and big wheels, it's a "truggy", like a 4wd Rustler or a Arrma Vorteks.

Stadium Trucks, like the 2wd Rustler, are basically truggies but 2wd. Its an old category that isn't too popular these days. Not as "scale" as an SCT, not as agile as a buggy, and not as good off-road as a monster truck.

SCTs are basically trucks like the Traxxas Slash, extended buggy chassis with semi-scale bodyshells and big bumpers. Known for flipping over anytime you turn and destroying bodyshells.

Monster trucks are on the opposite end of buggies, they're tall with big wheels and go over most things that would stop a buggy.

Losi sct v1 with 4000kv on 2 cell . never broke it and I've ran 6 packs thru it.

Arrma Notorious / Outcast 6s for tricks, jumps & flips. Tekno SCT410.3 for the beauty of driving, speed and smooth jumps.

Simple question, for just jumping or running around on dirt, what is your favorite type of basher? Be it monster truck, SCT, buggy, rally car, etc.

For me its a toss up between buggies and monster trucks, SCT bodies aren't cheap, and rally cars really need specific terrain to work while being one of the more expensive catagories.
By "buggies" I assume you mean 1/8 scale buggies, 'cause nobody "bashes" 1/10 scale buggies. 1/8 scale buggies are the tanks of the RC world. 🤫 I've been a 1/10 scale buggy basher for decades 😁👍:cool:.

Monster Truck works for me. Versatile enough to run multiple surface types, sufficient ground clearance to clear most basher obstacles, and rugged enough to survive most basher encounters.

Associated MT10 on 2S power is my basher go-to.

I got my old stadium truck for my basher, my sc10. For now.

I think a perfect Leatherman Tool RC would be any 1/8 scale off-road buggy. Very versatile platforms to build-up/modify/transform into something special to match one's taste buds. Probably my favorite buggy transformations are the DB (dessert buggy) rock racer types. If I could only have one 1/8 scale RC, it would be a toss up between a buggy and a truggy. So many great "bashers" out there for different types/levels of bashing.

1/10 scale mini truggy is a perfect basher... final answer.
No, wait. SCT is the perfect basher.
Just get a truggy and good to go.

It is a great entry level to extreme level platform. Some Arrma fans buy it 1st. I bought mine last. 🤣 . It will not let you down, unless you need more clearance. Then a Notorious is really nice. 😁. It is like a Hoss, but on steroids. 🤣 . If you want to do wheelies, no matter the speed, get one. Most fun you can have in a public setting. 😁

By "buggies" I assume you mean 1/8 scale buggies, 'cause nobody "bashes" 1/10 scale buggies. 1/8 scale buggies are the tanks of the RC world. 🤫 I've been a 1/10 scale buggy basher for decades 😁👍:cool:.
Any scale works, I don't beat on 1/10 buggies but they're fun to kick around in the dirt.
This one was just $40, it's smacked curbs and done a couple of cartwheels, but it's still going strong. It doesn't handle half bad either.

20240413_133634.jpg.fc8c86cfdf60dbba6c4093536fae50ca.jpg

Back