Bandit VXL to Rustler VXL conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys in need of a little help here, I'm going to convert my Bandit to a Rustler and I'm getting conflicting information on a definite parts list. So far I have.

1654 Wheel Hubs (2)
1951 Half Shafts Long NRust/SLH (2)
2753X Stub Axles Rear (2)
2754 Stub Axle Pins (4)
3139A Alum Turnbuckles Blue 59mm Rustler
3741A Alum Turnbuckles 39mm Rstlr/Stmpd
3654 Hex Whl Hub 2.5x12mm Fr Rustler/Stampede (2)
80182 Re A-Arms Blk Elec Rstlr/Stmpd (2)
80242 Fr A-Arms Blk Rstlr/Stmpd/Nitro Slash (2) (already have these on my Bandit)
81122 Front Body Mounts/Posts Adj Nitro Slash
3757X Springs Rear White (2)
2656 Shock Shafts Hard Chrome (2)
And of course body and wheels of my choice which I'm undecided on right now.

Is there anything I'm missing, or don't need in her that you guys can see?
I'd like to get it all at once so I can just do the whole conversion in one sitting.

Hey guys in need of a little help here, I'm going to convert my Bandit to a Rustler and I'm getting conflicting information on a definite parts list. So far I have.

1654 Wheel Hubs (2)
1951 Half Shafts Long NRust/SLH (2) - I would recommend 6852X
2753X Stub Axles Rear (2) - See 6852X
2754 Stub Axle Pins (4) They come with the hexes.
3139A Alum Turnbuckles Blue 59mm Rustler
3741A Alum Turnbuckles 39mm Rstlr/Stmpd
3654 Hex Whl Hub 2.5x12mm Fr Rustler/Stampede (2)
80182 Re A-Arms Blk Elec Rstlr/Stmpd (2)
80242 Fr A-Arms Blk Rstlr/Stmpd/Nitro Slash (2) (already have these on my Bandit)
81122 Front Body Mounts/Posts Adj Nitro Slash
3757X Springs Rear White (2)
2656 Shock Shafts Hard Chrome (2)
And of course body and wheels of my choice which I'm undecided on right now.

Is there anything I'm missing, or don't need in her that you guys can see?
I'd like to get it all at once so I can just do the whole conversion in one sitting.

I made a few suggestions in your quote, you'll also want the front caster block 3632 (3632A for blue) and the front axles 3637. I'd recommend looking into the wide mod at this time, being as you'll be getting the arms anyway. I'd also recommend the TiNi shock shafts, I went throughout the stockers like crazy. If you can swing it though, look into stronger shocks, I'm running Ten-T shocks on my Nitro Rusty and they are extremely strong. If you don't want to replace the shocks, I'd go with TiNi shafts and the aluminum caps (the two weak points of the stockers). You may also want to check the chop shops, you may be able to get the axles, hexes, and castor blocks for cheaper and they'll probably come with bearings. To make sure that that's all you'll need, I'd print off the exploded views then highlight the differences and mark through the same part #s.

Thanks for the reply, and that knocks almost $10 off my order. Have you done this conversion before?
Wait does that part 6852x come in pairs or are they sold individually?
Either way they work for me, I just need to know if I need to order 1 or 2.
I'll have to look up the the wide mod, i already have the big bore shocks just need to replace the rear shafts and I'll probably do the TiNI shafts. The big bores are working good for me so far and I don't really see I need to change them yet maybe down road I'll look into it, I'll switch the front shafts to TiNi when I bend them. Do you think I'll still need the aluminium shock cap if i have the big bores already? For the castor blocks, I'll probably go with RPM.

I don't do ebay, unless I find a Canadian seller. Import fees kill whatever money I save when ordering out of the country.

Last edited:
6852X are sold individually. I haven't done it before, but I have looked into it for my Bandit. Like I said before, the only way to be 100% sure, is to look at the actual parts breakdown...I gave them a quick glance last night and noticed the caster blocks and I remembered the axles from when I put different wheels on mine.