**Attn** OFNA hyper 21 8port owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mjime714

this was posted by bfhammer on the savage21.net boards

ATTENTION: Anyone who owns a OFNA HYPER 21 8 PORT, is entitled to a free pull start! I spoke with Steve at OFNA today and he told me that they are giving away a free pull start to everyone who owns this engine, as they are prone to breakage. Here is what you do: Call 949-586-2910 and speak to steve and let him know you pullstart is broken. He will then ask you to FAX, (only fax) a copy of your original sales receipt to this fax number: FAX 919-586-8812 They will send you out a free pullstart, only one per engine tho. But even if you did not break your pull start you can keep it handy in case you do, and if it never breaks... sell it. Hope this helps... Hammer

Mike, thanks for the info cuz I can see the rope on my pull start is already shredding...I hope you still have my receipt :dumb:

Unfortunately, I have to revive this thread.

Thanks for making the post mjime714.

Second tank through the 8 port and snapped the spring right at the hub. Recoiled and repaired the spring, but it snapped two more times. Guess "prone" to breaking is a little of an understatement.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
snapped the spring right at the hub. Recoiled and repaired the spring, but it snapped

I had the same problem? My new pull starter should be here this week from Ofna. The down time is killing me, the weather here has be great for bashing!

Updated: I just recieved my replacement pull starter in the mail from Ofna. It appears to be the same one. I was just thinking that they might make it out of a stronger material? It dosn't look like it though.

Last edited:
I've got an 8 port and have fixed the pull start 5 or more times.. well the last time was the final straw... NOW I have the stainless steel cable as seen on ebay. Its great recoils and is super strong all I can say is GO GET IT. $10 for just the cable but worth it.

Apart from breaking mine never recoiled properly. made a gasket/washer out of a plastic milk bottle. it now recoils well I also filled it with wd40.

Is there an after market pull starter yet. an ali one with bearings or something. this would be good.

AGM, That is what I was worried about.

Hay nitrojunkie, any link?

My problem has nothing to do with the pull start rope. It has everything to do with weak springs used for the recoil mechanism. I had the same thing happen with my Fantom pull start. Fantom replaced it for free, and I haven't had a problem since. I did a self repair on the Ofna pullstart and spring, and so far it is holding. I am still going to send off for my replacement from Ofna. Never hurts to have a spare.

Thank you!

I broke my pull start overf 3 mos ago and couldn't get a new one. You have made the rest of my year. Thanks for the research and the share. Anyone who has gone through this owes you.

Hmm looks like I will be getting hold of OFNA. My pull start broke with not even a quarter gallon into it. I hope my spring repair holds up till the arrival of the replacement pullstart.

I have been trying to retrieve a new pull start from Ofna and today spoke with a miscreant named Steve in thier tech support dept. I tired quickly from dealing with this sniveling baby turd and called back to speak with a woman naed Mary. Mary was OFNA's saving grace as she was not only polite but an effective listener while answering all of my questions and sending me the pull start.
Moral: Tech support are hired or thier technical savvy and not thier service.
Hopefully this will end my $400.00 paper weight woes.

P.S. The reasoning they gave for the frequent breakage was that the compression was much greater due to the superior mechanics of these motors.

If you want to do away with the pull start there is a modification that can be done to the HPI Roto-Start that allows it to be fitted to the H21 (any variant) Engine. Just try this link www.zonecentral.org/ofnamod/ .It takes about 30 mins to complete but you might need a cordless drill in reverse to start the engine. Its a hell of a lot easier that yanking on string.

Back