Anyone running CVD's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sup guys, was at the track today and the revo took a few hard hits. I have to say I don't think I like the idea of busting drive shafts every time I go so are any of you guys running cvd's and if so what kind. Thx

If you do get them get the traxxas or mip. Mips are heavy, but probably the best. Traxxas cvd's look awesome, are sealed at both ends, fit perfectly, and are much lighter than mip. Beware cheap knock-offs or universals. You want CVD's.

Yeah, At first I liked the idea of the way the revo is setup the all sealed plastic deal. However after today I'm not impressed with it at all. I took the 3.3 and the mini revo to the track today and it kinda sucked to break that on the big one and I broke an steering knuckle on the little one. They both were gettin 3 feet of air though. lol what do I expect.

if you want some traxxas cvd's i have a set thats pretty much new. PM me if you're interested

Did you bust the arms too? Or just the axles? Or are you landing when on the throttle?

I ran a revo pretty hard for a long time and only busted a couple of the stock axles. In both cases, I also snapped RPM arms... so the hits were pretty friggen hard!

I just hate to see someone spend money on something that may not be the problem is all.

I ran both the MIP and Traxxas CVDs in my Maxx back when I had it. The MIP ones were beefy as hell, but just couldn't stand up to the stuff I put the Maxx through. By the time I took them out of the truck, the hole for the pin was worn into a long oval.

I got the Traxxas ones with the boots, put them in, and never touched them again for 2 or 3 gallons until I sold the truck.

The only problem i am having is the rear drive shaft poops out once in a while??? Not sure if it is because i am running long travel rockers?????

Haha! Point taken. A more extreme angle will add stress to your driveshafts. The more level, the better in most cases.

makes sense... Was not happening till i put on the long travel rockers. will adjust and see what happens..... Thank you

You can either screw the pillow balls in more, or get deeper drive cups. And yes, more travel isn't the most ideal situation with cvd's.:dancingpoop:

The back right side only pops out?? Adjusted travel so not so extreme but Still happening. Pillow balls? Stupid question I'm sure but i'm a noob. It is popping out at rear diff not wheel??

The pillow balls are what the hubs ride on, they adjust to allow camber / track adjustments.

They are usually hidden behind caps at the top and bottom of the hubs.

Thank you. Adjusted them all the way in. still popping out. Think I'm gonna get deeper cups... Any one know where to find them????

I had this issue with a buggy once, one CVD on one side kept popping out at the diff cup no matter what i did. even running o-rings in the cups behind the shaft did not solve it.........i ended up switching the cvd for a slightly longer centre CVD and it solved it outright.

Just an option to look at for you.........

Yep, they are longer olds, and a good part to fit when you change over to CVD's, saves the hassle of popping shafts now and again.

Will be fitting them myself on my "new build rebuild" project revo..................