Anyone kno about an Ofna Pirate??? How do the perform?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got__nitro?

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone had any experience or seen an Ofna Pirate go? How good or bad are they?

?

Are you referring to the 1/8 monster pirate or the pirate 10 ?

I have the Dominator, the improved Pirate, It's the best stock Monster truck IMHO. I love it.

If you get one, buy a bottle of loctite and go through all the outdrive cups, motor mounts, servo saver posts, any and all metal to metal conections
It will vibrate apart if you don't

Ok. Is it considered a truggy since it's so short and has 4 shocks but big wheels. To me that's a full on truggy what do u guys think?

Basically.........

yes....it's a truggy. It doesn't have a center diff, but it does have a slipper clutch from the factory. Should make a good chassis to race if you decide to. It's basically a buggy chassis with a truck body and wheels on it.

Ok. He thinks it's a monster truck. How can it be 4wd with no center diff? Is it just one long chassis or what? What are the differences of having a center diff?

Originally posted by got__nitro?
Ok. He thinks it's a monster truck. How can it be 4wd with no center diff? Is it just one long chassis or what? What are the differences of having a center diff?

The same way a on-road sedan is 4WD, they have no center diffs.

Sure you can call the Dominator a "Truggy" even thou it isn't a buggy converted to a MT(the true definition)
The Dom is based on a 1/8th buggy chassis and layout

The Dom comes stock with a sliper center Tranny, you can add a diff if you like. The older "pirate" version came with a fixed center tranny

The Dom is a great driving, durable truck

Don't waste your breath arguing the finer points of MT versus truggy with this member. He only just recently acquired a T-Maxx. Prior to that he owned a Nitro Rustler. He has neither the experience nor skill to know the real differences; let alone argue the finer points of MTs.

On top of that, he has been banned from the site.

Teh Pirate is a good truck.. for bashing.. it has shorter shocks all around than the dominator.. i think it comes with a 2 speed as well.. The Pirate and the Dominator are pretty close to the same.. with the exception of the center slipper.. and the shocks and towers..

I got a Ofna Dominator with the Proline conversion done to it.. and it rocks.. fast.. and whoops savages, and Tmaxxs all the time..

You will like the truck.. if you are looking for a bashing truck. the pirate is good.. but i think the Savage is a better basher..

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Don't waste your breath arguing the finer points of MT versus truggy with this member. He only just recently acquired a T-Maxx. Prior to that he owned a Nitro Rustler. He has neither the experience nor skill to know the real differences; let alone argue the finer points of MTs.

On top of that, he has been banned from the site.

Why is the banned guy posting?:censored:

prolly got banned after that post...:ha:

Back