Anyone Here Braver Than me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Anyone here care to try these guys?
What looks like a new;
"Losi LOS05021T2 Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 1:6 Scale 4WD Desert Truck"
I am positive this is a scam and you will not receive anything but I am still curious. Anyone willing to try? That is almost a 1K$ RC for 59.99$. You can always call your credit card company and ask for the money back.
1703289717486.jpeg
https://smithygrudgingly.top/produc...scale-4wd-desert-trucks53214?variant=30239383

Anyone here care to try these guys?
What looks like a new;
"Losi LOS05021T2 Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 1:6 Scale 4WD Desert Truck"
I am positive this is a scam and you will not receive anything but I am still curious. Anyone willing to try? That is almost a 1K$ RC for 59.99$. You can always call your credit card company and ask for the money back.
View attachment 177506
https://smithygrudgingly.top/produc...scale-4wd-desert-trucks53214?variant=30239383
Guaranteed scam.
Screenshot_20231222-192934_Chrome.jpg

I'm not entirely dumb, just mostly, but the little bit that still works tells me to keep my credit card in my wallet.

I'm not entirely dumb, just mostly, but the little bit that still works tells me to keep my credit card in my wallet.
I agree, but what if it did show up at your door brand new for 59$. That is a 900$ savings. :woot:

In all seriousness, do not try this unless you have a great credit card. I use American Express and they are really good at getting my money back if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
If you got a Discover card or something with purchase protection on it then go for it. Don't use a card connected to one of your bank accounts. If you do you risk being cleaned out.

If you got a Discover card or something with purchase protection on it then go for it. Don't use a card connected to one of your bank accounts. If you do you risk being cleaned out.
I'm afraid of viruses and whatnot.

From the web site itself just viewing the page?
If not, what do you mean?
When I click on it and advertisement pop up in a new window...... it was flashbacks of being 11 with the internet again. 🤣 I guess my desktop that had a thing for Trojans gave me ptsd.

When I click on it and advertisement pop up in a new window...... it was flashbacks of being 11 with the internet again. 🤣 I guess my desktop that had a thing for Trojans gave me ptsd.
LOL, What is wrong with being 11 again? Like these Trojans?
1703307383672.gif

or these?
1703307677487.gif

Or these?
1703307769737.gif

Sorry as I saw none of that as I have an ad blocker on my browser.

From the web site itself just viewing the page?
If not, what do you mean?
There are a lot of different ways you can get malware from visiting a website, and that website is a guaranteed scam.
  1. Drive-By Downloads: Simply visiting a compromised website can result in a "drive-by download," where malware is downloaded and installed without your knowledge. This can occur if the website exploits vulnerabilities in your browser, plugins, or operating system.
  2. Malvertising: Malicious advertising uses online advertisements to distribute malware with little to no user interaction required. Even legitimate sites can inadvertently display malicious ads, which, when clicked, can lead to downloading malware.
  3. Phishing Links: Websites or pop-ups might trick you into providing personal information or downloading malware by masquerading as trustworthy entities.
  4. Unpatched Software: Outdated browsers, plugins, or operating systems can have security vulnerabilities that malicious websites exploit to install malware.
  5. Social Engineering: Some sites might trick you into downloading something that appears legitimate but is actually malicious, such as a fake software update or a malicious attachment.
  6. Fake Websites: These are designed to look like legitimate sites (like banks or social media) but are actually set up to steal information or distribute malware.
  7. Scripting Attacks: Websites can run malicious scripts in the background without your knowledge, exploiting vulnerabilities to install malware.
  8. File Downloads: Downloading files, even ones that seem benign like documents or media files, can pose a risk if they contain hidden malware.
  9. Browser Extensions: Malicious browser extensions can be installed either through deceptive websites or by tricking users into thinking they're legitimate, leading to data theft or other malicious activities.
  10. Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Attacks: Malicious scripts are injected into otherwise benign and trusted websites, which then compromise your interaction with these sites.

Thanks @Greywolf74 but I am well aware of Drivebys.
Just trying to get some clarification.

Those sites like that pop up and disappear constantly. They get a few suckers to bite, then the site disappears. My friend fell prey to one just like it.

Won't even click on the link. If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is. Learned that the hard way.

With that said, I've taken one for the team. After some research. Wasn't ripped off but, it didn't live up to the hype.

Those sites like that pop up and disappear constantly. They get a few suckers to bite, then the site disappears. My friend fell prey to one just like it.
Again, I am well aware of these sites as maybe you missed my warning in the first post of the thread.
BTW, where were you when your "friend fell prey to one just like it"?

Again, I am well aware of these sites as maybe you missed my warning in the first post of the thread.
Watching over his shoulder. His words....... "I guess you were right. It was a scam"🤣

My friend has been warned a number of times not to buy things from Facebook ads. But she doesn't listen to me.

I actually ordered a remote control jet one time years ago from such a site. It was only $10, so I was like what the hell. About 3 weeks after ordering, I got a tracking number. By that time, the website was shut down. When it arrived a few weeks later, it was a tiny laser cut jet model that was the size of a credit card 😆
And you did say you were trying to get some clarification. So I was just clarifying for you what this site is.

Back