Anyone have a enduro24? What kinda mods you do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the thing I hate the most. Maybe someone will come up with a better solution, but for now my gears are turning. Not saying that raising the servo won’t work. Just that one thing with it you probably can’t really do anything with. Seams like every truck has one of those things I wish I could change but can’t without spending a fortune. Just probably have to deal with it. But still not giving up yet.

Hoe does your steering look on your?
Have to look when I get home, pretty sure it's the same chassis different body. Have enough different mini's now it's hard to remember how each is set up. Hey whatta ya want, I'm old!

Turns out a plastic servo horn is the exact 2mm
Thickness I needed to jack servo up for just enough clearance for steering to go back on the right way. You can just barely see daylight between pumpkin and servo horn, I still may trim some out cause it is really close to rubbing frame when turning. Only should have to file it a small amount. Where the notch already is.
IMG_3695.jpeg
IMG_3696.jpeg
IMG_3697.jpeg

Almost got this little thing where I want it, getting close to time to start upgrading electronics. Also looking for new body.
Was going to buy a deadbolt today for comparison and just because I want one 🤪 and the son had a little too much fun with his actual car, been there done that, 😂, and on hold now to help him fix.
He will have fun paying that back over $600 in damages and we are fixing it ourselves to save him some mula, but hurts my pockets at the moment. So deadbolt will have to wait for now.
Lol, I told him that is why we have rc. To beat them up not our actual cars. Oh well. At least he isn’t hurt.

Turns out a plastic servo horn is the exact 2mm
Thickness I needed to jack servo up for just enough clearance for steering to go back on the right way. You can just barely see daylight between pumpkin and servo horn, I still may trim some out cause it is really close to rubbing frame when turning. Only should have to file it a small amount. Where the notch already is. View attachment 180509View attachment 180510View attachment 180511
Yeah, that looks a lot better.

Glad it was just the car and not your son that got dinged. Priorities suck sometimes.
That is all that matters, he is ok. He was also going to buy a 1/24, once he saw what I was doing with the enduro24. Now he is on hold now too.
I am betting an SCX24 motor will fit in that. I might just order one.
I am pretty sure I seen someone doing that.
Have you tried holmes hobbies yet or know anyone who has?
Just kinda wandering about them.

I wonder how a Tamiya 1/24 bug body would fit on one 😏
41oc0Squ1wL.jpg

That is all that matters, he is ok. He was also going to buy a 1/24, once he saw what I was doing with the enduro24. Now he is on hold now too.

I am pretty sure I seen someone doing that.
Have you tried holmes hobbies yet or know anyone who has?
Just kinda wandering about them.
This is their own opinions but, most people I seen talking about the motors they like the enduro motor better than SCX one. But I have no clue, may have to buy one too, just to compare and to have an extra motor laying around. Hard to believe SCX isn’t better, just seams like they have things dialed in better with their rigs.

We have three SCX24's and all three of them had servos that were different, and motors that were either weak or ok. Our C10 would barely pull its own weight when we got it. The motor in the Deadbolt died after 3 runs. So the motor and servo is the first things that get replaced once I tear into them.

Last edited:
We have three SCX24's and all three of them had servos that were different, and motors that were either weak or ok. Our C10 would barely pull its own weight when we got it. The motor in the Deadbolt died after 3 runs. So the motor and servo it the first things that get replaced once I tear into them.
That is good to know.

That is good to know.
Yeah, the electronics in most RTR are mediocre at best. The FMS stuff actually has decent electronics in it though.

The motor in your Enduro24 is one of the longer ones. The SCX24 uses a shorter can motor stock, which means the SCX24 motor will have less torque. Which explains why people like the Enduro24 motor better.

Speaking of the motor in yours, I love how the motor is up front with a dogbone used to connect it to the transmission. That is really cool. Makes me want to tinker.

For servos, I'm not sure what fits yours, but the best I have found for the SCX24 is the Ecopower 827. Powerhobby also sells a direct drop in servo for the SCX24 that is better than stock, but not as fast or near the torque of the Ecopower.

Yeah, the electronics in most RTR are mediocre at best. The FMS stuff actually has decent electronics in it though.

The motor in your Enduro24 is one of the longer ones. The SCX24 uses a shorter can motor stock, which means the SCX24 motor will have less torque. Which explains why people like the Enduro24 motor better.

Speaking of the motor in yours, I love how the motor is up front with a dogbone used to connect it to the transmission. That is really cool. Makes me want to tinker.

For servos, I'm not sure what fits yours, but the best I have found for the SCX24 is the Ecopower 827. Powerhobby also sells a direct drop in servo for the SCX24 that is better than stock, but not as fast or near the torque of the Ecopower.
I seen others putting an emaxx mini servo in the enduro24. The wt upfront definitely helps, would like to see this more.
Guess I will be getting motor and servo when I get one. SCX that is. Still gona see if how it does against the enduro24 beforehand. Just curious.
Still need to look into FMS.
Thanks for the tips. 👍🏼

I seen others putting an emaxx mini servo in the enduro24. The wt upfront definitely helps, would like to see this more.
Guess I will be getting motor and servo when I get one. SCX that is. Still gona see if how it does against the enduro24 beforehand. Just curious.
Still need to look into FMS.
Thanks for the tips. 👍🏼
The Emax servo sits in between the Powerhobby and Ecopower servos. The Emax also has a bigger case than the other two. So for me, it is mediocre, and I am pretty sure there is even less clearance between the servo mounting tabs and chassis, on the SCX24's that is. I'm not sure how any of that translates to you Enduro, but the Ecopower is the better performer in that size.

The Emax servo sits in between the Powerhobby and Ecopower servos. The Emax also has a bigger case than the other two. So for me, it is mediocre, and I am pretty sure there is even less clearance between the servo mounting tabs and chassis, on the SCX24's that is. I'm not sure how any of that translates to you Enduro, but the Ecopower is the better performer in that size.
Probably would work with Enduro then, I would think. At least jimmy it in there somehow.

I'm kinda glad you're sharing this thread. I have always wondered what can be done with the Enduro24. I'm definitely going to grab one one of these days. Maybe next sale.

Last edited:
Back