Anyone have a comparison photo of LST2 & Muggy wheels/tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking to see if anyone has a photo of both kinds side by side so I can get a size reference. If I'm not mistaken, the LST2 stock tires are taller than the muggy tires.

I just ran my rig for the first time with LST2 stock tires. I like that they are larger than standard MT, but they are a bit too large. I think they actually fried something either in my trans or my diffs within 2 tanks of fuel... still have to do a tear down.

Anyway, I bought the 20mm adapters for my aftershock to use these things, but they are just too big for my tastes. I may sell both the hubs/wheels/tires and go with some 17mm hubs and HPI savage old school tires. They are a bit taller, but not so much that theres a lot more rotational mass.

Anyway, please post up a photo if you have one so I can try and make a better judgment.

Thanks.

I dont have muggy tires for comparison but I took this pic to see if it helps you.

stock revo, LST2, Tmaxx chevrons

Last edited:
I do not have a camera right not but the muggy tires are not as tall and lighter by a good bit. I have the muggy wheels on mine now. Not as much sidewall I like the muggy tires better.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has them on his savage with some losi 20mm adapters. I may just bug him and borrow them for a run or two just to see how I like them. From what I recall (been more than a year), his LST2 was a whole new animal when he had me get those off ebay for him. Night and day difference in throttle response and general handling.

My throttle response isn't bad, but it still sounds like it's working the clutch over a lot more than I'd like. I dropped down to the stock CB, so now I only have the +1 from the trans gear flip. Pulls wheelies pretty easy, but still sounds more labored than I'd like. Would be fine on pavement, but not so much on grass.

I have a feeling I'll eventually get some 17's or losi 20MM wheels with some normal 40 series mashers or something. From what I can see, those aren't as tall either and from what I recall, pro-line tires aren't that heavy. I think standard 40 series tires will fit those losi rims. If so, will save me another $25 getting 17mm hubs.

Yhea, the muggy tires are a good pound less on 420's and I am liking them. I just tore mine a little so I will be looking for some more. The track performance is awsome with muggy tires. I drive better but thats not saying much.