Anyone accidentally stab themselves with a lexan body reamer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always used a shot glass so no never ..seen a guy cut his thumb to the bone while trying to pen a hardcase lipo. and a guy at a house remodel using a circular saw with a piece of wood in the blade guard put a running saw against his leg as blood went everywhere

Don't put your hand behind the hole for support. Use a nutdriver, or a small cap, or like with my reamer, it comes with a cap to cover the blade. Or even a block of wood.
Yes I use a block of wood with a hole drilled in it.
Safety goggles and helmets, too? Bunch of wussies!
😆

I've heard through the grapevine that getting stabbed with a screwdriver or Allen wrench is all the rage nowadays.

Ah let me tell you my stories

1.5mm hex driver while trying to get the tire on the bead of the wheel
Those body reamers are sharp
Burned myself (my hand) with the soldering iron. Smelled like Chicken for a second
Almost super glued my fingers together while trying to glue up TT02 tires

Remember to wear your safety glasses and gloves.
Next, my dad would probably want me wearing knee guards and elbow pads and maybe a welding mask.

....my dad would probably want me wearing knee guards and elbow pads and maybe a welding mask.
@DavidB1126 at play time......this past winter 🤦‍♂️
A Christmas Story Help GIF

Last edited:
It was a small but thick lexan piece. I got the hole started, so I thought I was fine... until it slipped and stuck right in my finger🤣

Last edited:
Never a body reamer but a 1.5mm driver kinda sucks through the thumb.

invest in some avian blood stop( its for blood feathers when trimming a birds wings) a bottle of super glue with an applicator brush and a 20 pack of various sutures and a small set of hemos

invest in some avian blood stop( its for blood feathers when trimming a birds wings) a bottle of super glue with an applicator brush and a 20 pack of various sutures and a small set of hemos
I just use a paper towel and electrical tape