any Cyclists here?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm getting the itch to get into better shape (so I can keep up with my son when he's older :) ) so I'm trying to talk my wife into getting bikes. She likes being outside in the summer so I figured it'll be great for family recreation and fitness. I'm thinking about a Gary Fisher Kaitai for myself and possibly some sort of comfort bike for my wife. She kind of has her eye on a womans Trek Navigator 3.0 (the green one). Anybody else ride?

I don't ride myself, much, but really want to get a recumbent. Its the price that holds me back, but they sure look comfortable for long rides.

This count?
104_0923.jpg

Sweet ride! Looks like the stuff I see kids around here ride.

ldf7ed5c9892f6befd99a9ank6.jpg

This be my bike, sorry about pic quality, was with my phone, its a Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 2007 (long name :D) with Marzocchi Bomber 130mm forks, DMR V8 pedals etc.

I ride a specialized allez' M2 and a Mtn Bike I made with an Accent frame and all XT / XTR components and an older Sid Race fork......I just got into the mtn bike stuff right after RC stuff.....IMO they ride like your steering a pig by it's ears.......lately (last few weeks) I just ride to TKD classes only so I wouldn't consider myself a cyclist anymore...I used to put more miles on my bikes in a year than most people do on their cars........

I need to pump up the tires on my bike, and get to riding again. I need to get rid of some of the extra me, that's been building up.

I've got a seven year old Supercross BMX race bike. I don't if there's a single part on it, outside of wheels and tires, that's still in production.

Dont ride now But will soon,
a GT Ruckus Shore.

looks like a nice bike Tarant. The geometry looks like it would be fairly comfortable considering what it is.

Thanks, There was a Rukus DJ at my work and i loved it, just not the gold color. Then I saw this one in blue and thought hell yeah!
It is pretty comfortable the only problem is its weight. It is like a Savage big, bad, tough and heavy.

um... so you're saying they aren't agile? heh :shrug:

Jamie - I dig those fenders.. who makes those?

That would be a Crud Race Pac, they are really cheap and nice to use, easy to take off aswell, I use them in the winter when I go biking off-road, or when its raining to work/college, take them off in the summer as you don't get covered then and any splash of water is welcome :D.

You can get them at most places in the UK, not so sure about America.. I'll have a quick look on eBay for them...

No results from the American eBay I'm afraid, there was results for people willing to send them worldwide though.

Better view of them here, although they have attached the front guard different that the usual way.

racepac.jpg

This is my daily ride to work. It's an Avenue Airbase 8spd. You wouldn't have heard of it, since it's a Danish manufacturer. it's got Shimano Tiagra 8spd, and Shimano roller brakes. 7005 alu frame w/carbon shell. This is my best bike yet. In fact I had an earlier model of this exact bike a year ago which was stolen. I went out and got the exact same bike as soon as my insurance payed out.

a18_airbase8gudvdinoblackH-4551.gif

Last edited:
Hi
A good website is http://www.chainreactioncycles.com if your looking to buy parts
although there fairly cheap by UK standards you will probably be able to get parts alot cheaper from the states

I highly recommend those fenders there great!
There are 2 stems available long and short usually long for a hardtail and short for full suspension

Currently i ride a viking ZRT hydra with some extras like Marazochi Jr t forks 170mm travel, a longer rear shock manitou metel r coil 200mm up from 180mm
and a HOPE saw tooth front disk

yeah, I stumbled upon that website yesterday when I was looking for those fenders online... looks like a heck of a selection of stuff there. Thanks!

I ride a Specialized HardRock Sport. It has been a great bike for the money. I've beat the liveing crap out of that thing and the only casualitys have been a rear hub and bent forks. I love this bike. But my wood-shop teacher at school is thinking about selling me his Yeti Kokopelli, that thing is sweet. Then my buddy rides a Specialized stump jumper which is another sweet bike. If your looking at on-road you might want to check out Fits. I belive they make a couple really nice rides now.

Bryson

I also HIGHLY recommend ChainReactionCycles, I use them exclusively and love them to bits, I ordered the wrong size something and sent it bad (2nd class) and the right size was at my house 3 days later.

Well, we took the plunge last week. I picked up a Gary Fisher Kaitai and the wife got a Cannondale Adventure 400. We also picked up a Burley Solo to haul our little one around in as well as a Yakima King Joe 2 car rack. I got a nice pair of Shimano cycling shoes and some Candy SL pedals. I also picked up all kinds of accesories too for commuting. Lights, emergency flat stuff, swiss army style tool kit. I was talkin with somebody the other day at work and the corporate challenge came up. It's just a little 5 mile race but I think it'll be fun. Took the little one out for the first time yesterday. Did about 4 miles real quick. No after effects today so I'm feelin like doing a little more. If the weather stays decent like it is now I think it would be a good day for a family ride. Woo hoo!

Back