Another FLM Extended build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just_visiting

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've recently gotten back into RC with a T-maxx 4908 back in February. I've done all of the basic upgrades and started to accumulate some parts. I then got to bright idea to build a buggie from scratch. Here's what I've got so far....

rc-2429.jpg

rc-2431.jpg

rc-2439.jpg

rc-2444.jpg

flm-tmaxx-2449.jpg

flm-tmaxx-2458.jpg

I just need to decide on servos, clutch, flywheel, and clutch bell tonight.

Man I love those wheels. They are really sharp and IMO have a WOW factor. Build is gonna be sweet. Keep us updated.

Looks sweet. I like those tires a lot.

Thanks guys.....I ordered the majority of the remaining items needed and hope to have them by Saturday. Gives me some stuff to play with on Sunday. I have to contact FLM about the combo bulks. The 4908 differentials don't fit (one of the bearings are too large..the one that sits on the shaft of the ring gear). The bearing is listed as an 8x16. I need the outer diameter of the bearing to be smaller.

In the picture of the FLM parts... is that a pistol and a bullet?

haha....yeah....40S&W with my HK P2000.
Well I have to say you have good taste all around then..I traded a S&W for an HK...nice weapon..Back to trucks.... I have a lot of the same parts too, but I went with the short chassis....(big mistake)...there is very little still stock on mine..mostly .RPM, FLM and MIP. Gotta love it. That is going to be a real looker for sure, I agree I really like those rims.....very sweet. By the way is that a Jammin CRT fuel tank?

Well I have to say you have good taste all around then..I traded a S&W for an HK...nice weapon..Back to trucks.... I have a lot of the same parts too, but I went with the short chassis....(big mistake)...there is very little still stock on mine..mostly .RPM, FLM and MIP. Gotta love it. That is going to be a real looker for sure, I agree I really like those rims.....very sweet. By the way is that a Jammin CRT fuel tank?

I like the HK....fits well in my hand. Not a lot of recoil with the target ammo. I was initially looking at the P2000sk, but ended up going with the P2000. I'll probably end up getting the sk for concealment purposes or for my gf. I'm building an AR-15 when I'm done with this buggy.....

I think everyone ends up with all the same parts in the end when you really get into it. I knew that I wanted to go big (not supermax big), but big enough for it to look good and perform good (at least on paper anyways). My biggest decision on the wheels were chrome or black chrome. I may get some chrome versions later depending on the look with the new body. Yes on the fuel tank.

Updates........

flm-tmaxx-2546.jpg

flm-tmaxx-2551.jpg

flm-tmaxx-2553.jpg

That's a nice mill, but I'm surprised you opted for a mid-block engine. The extended chassis makes for plenty of room to put a full on big block mill in there. I have an RB ST28 in mine. It's still a work in progress though.

That's a nice mill, but I'm surprised you opted for a mid-block engine. The extended chassis makes for plenty of room to put a full on big block mill in there. I have an RB ST28 in mine. It's still a work in progress though.

The way I figured things would work is that I'd play with the TM523 for a while and see how I liked it. I could put it in my existing T-maxx if I outgrow it for the new build. This is also my first upgraded buggy, so I want to take things slow.

Thx GH.....

Ahh, that's a good idea. The 523 will be a monster in a standard length T-Maxx. I'm sure it'll perform very nicely in the FLM too, just a tad surprised. I thought about putting a hotter RB engine in mine but I figurd the ST would be all I needed. After all, it's still a .28engine.

Looking forward to watching this one come to life as well as seeing Lessen's finished by September!

What shocks are you running ? I'm in need of some better shocks for mine and I like the looks of those .

What shocks are you running ? I'm in need of some better shocks for mine and I like the looks of those .

OFNA LX Ones......guess I should put up an equipment list.

that is gonna be a sweet ride!!! I'm kinda jealous, very sexy!

Back