Another engine swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willswheels

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I started out with a knew 5309 revo getting into this hobby and so far I have broke the 3.3 by running it too lean in my front yard that is 900 ft to the road long.The carb pinch bolt came loose and the carb vibrated up enough to suck air and fryed the motor.Traxxas sent me a knew one and shift servo that went bad.Wow,hats off to them!I bolted an OS.21 in and it's run perfect but know I am pulling it out to put in a Picco.26 max.What do I need to to do to the truck to handle the extra power?What gonna break first?

You don't kneed to do anything, but a clutch would be a good starting point.

yep ...what he said .....that and you just need the right engine mount and your good to go ...i have a .26 in one of my revo ..and the torque is wicked:D...only issue i seem to have is with the slipper clutch ..i have to run it tighter than with my 3.3 ...other than that , everything holds up pretty good ;)

Thanks

I have a knew integy three shoe flywheel and I am planning to run a traxxas 15t stock Traxxas pinion with 38t spur.I have a rr16t pinion and a stock 38t spur on the OS know and the truck makes a whining noise when I do a slow driveby pass.Too tall of a gear ratio for my liking and I don't think robinson racing gears work well with stock Traxxas gears.What do you think?

Back