Another bird/rc plane report...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-
So it seems we had a hot little squall line blow through this morning about 3:30 or so- we lost power all morning, and since it had cleared up some and the wind was very light, it seemed a good idea to take myself and one of my little Eflite Waco biplanes down to the flying field, so I did.
I'll tell you all, these little biplanes are a blast to fly, and in calm conditions, they are a pleasure to take off and land and do some aerobatics. In the wind, not so much.
Anyway, I was doing some circuits over the flying field when I noticed a small flock of pretty good-sized birds approaching my plane. It turned out that these birds were ibis- probably this year's first hatch and just off the nest- and these four birds indeed approached my plane and you all, you may not believe me, but I promise this is true, these four ibis formed up behind my plane and followed it in perfect position for three complete circuits around the field. The little plane's motor buzzed as it flew, and the birds uttered their squawks as they flew.
I was more than surprised by this, but when I snapped the little plane up and over in a slow loop, the ibis decided this was not Momma bird, but something else, and off they flew.
So I guess I did alright for my effort at formation flying.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

I need to get me one.
Both of my micro birds are terrible with any wind at all.

Good afternoon to all-
To tell the truth, I've never seen anything like this before either. But then, Ibis are not the sharpest knife in the cabinet, so I guess I can understand their momentary confusion. but they can keep a good formation, I assure you.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

I dont encounter those types of birds. i encounter Kestrals,Red Hawks, Falcons... Getting away from one of those takes so cambat flying skills and then when your landing its .it must be hurt lets do the death strike