American muscle or import power?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flash said:
almost off topic but i want to see what you guys think. i heard on tv a while back what the fastest mass-produced car was. anyone wanna guess what it is? too many people would never guess the make/model/year. only one person i asked got it right but he has been doing nothing but researching and wrenching all his life...he is now 76 years old. in fact he is the guy who built the 502 that was in my '66 nova. ;)

fastest as in top speed? or quickest as in 0-60 or 0-100?

Wasn't that some form of Dodge Dart or something close to that? I thought I heard it said about a car in that class....

A 1969 camaro z28 with an 8/71 blower on top of a 396 big block and 22 in. wide mickey meats putting all that power to the ground. AMERICAN MUSCLE BABY!!!!

flash said:
almost off topic but i want to see what you guys think. i heard on tv a while back what the fastest mass-produced car was. anyone wanna guess what it is? too many people would never guess the make/model/year. only one person i asked got it right but he has been doing nothing but researching and wrenching all his life...he is now 76 years old. in fact he is the guy who built the 502 that was in my '66 nova. ;)

THE ENZO FERRARI? OR PERHAPS THE PORCHE CARRERA?

The fastest production car (Stock) to date is the Ferrari Enzo and I got to sit in one and hear it run!

I don't know about any modified cars or anything but the Enzo is the fastest production car ever made.

Vincemaxx119 said:
A 1969 camaro z28 with an 8/71 blower on top of a 396 big block and 22 in. wide mickey meats putting all that power to the ground. AMERICAN MUSCLE BABY!!!!

THE ENZO FERRARI? OR PERHAPS THE PORCHE CARRERA?

IMO everyone in there mamas has 69' camaros. 90% of restored camaros are 69's. At least around here. For me there way to common. Granted there still preatty nice, and can be built up nice, but I like more rarer stuff. And 1969 is borderline to new in my book. But that one does sound like it has a sweet set up. One of the fastest cars I ever rode in was a 69' camaro. That car was INSANE!! Thing would pull wheelies all day long. But like I said, not rare enough for me.

And Ferraris and Porsche and stuff are just small weiner syndrome cars. I wont even do a double take to them. Anyone with some dough can buy one. That goes same to Vettes, and other small weiner syndrome cars. If its not old, it aint muscle. (In my opinion anyway)

American Muscle! There is a guy who has a WS6 on ebay that is the fastest non aspirated car in America. It is running low to mid 9's. Try doing that with a beaner.

the worlds fastest production car is the McLaren F1

according to what i heard it was the 1970 chevelle ss with the ls6 and muncie four speed.

keep in mind i said "mass produced". i dont remember what the number had to be before a car was considered be mass produced but it was high and the chevelle barely made the cut.

gutterboy said:
American Muscle! There is a guy who has a WS6 on ebay that is the fastest non aspirated car in America. It is running low to mid 9's. Try doing that with a beaner.

non aspirated? so it doesn't run? lol it think you mean 'naturally' aspirated (having no forced induction or fuel additives [NOS]).
i had to read that several times knowing something was wrong...just took a while to find it.

American muscle for me! I had a 71 camaro with a 327 I built and a 4 speed that could jerk the front wheels off the ground. I would love to have somthing like that now, but modern cars are so much more comfortable and reliable. Still I daydream about what I would build if I had the time and money: An early-90's full size Chevy blazer 2 wd, lowered and set up with suspension and brakes for great handling, with a 540 aluminum big block and Richmond 5 speed. But the fact is I need low maintenace transportation, so its not going to happen any time soon.

scottm said:
Still I daydream about what I would build if I had the time and money: An early-90's full size Chevy blazer 2 wd, lowered and set up with suspension and brakes for great handling, with a 540 aluminum big block and Richmond 5 speed. But the fact is I need low maintenace transportation, so its not going to happen any time soon.

That sound EXACTLY like what I day dream about! Theres a dude in my town that has one, but he did it up preatty lame. But still it has a Stoker motor in it and 20's but it isnt lowered at all and has a gay paint job.

FRIDGE said:

only 7 mclarens were produced. not exactly "mass" production. That is the fastest street legal production car though(unless another car has surfaced) @ 240 MPH.

FRIDGE said:
Actually the Enzo is the fastest now. The McLaren F1 was the fastest until the Enzo was released. Not sure on top speed but for 0-60 the Enzo is the fastest.

Using this site and this page, we can get a rough comparison between the two cars.

0-60 times, Mclaren does it 3.4s while the Enzo does it in 3.3s
0-100 times, Mclaren in 7.7s and Enzo 6.6s
While top speed is for Mclaren is 240mph, Enzo is a 209mph
1/4 mile for the Mclaren is 11.6s and Enzo is 11.2s

While the Enzo seems to have a bit more low end grunt compared to the Mclaren, I still say the Mclaren is faster overall. The 1/4 mile times are less than half a second apart, and taking in the fact that the Enzo can do 1.1 seconds faster in the 0-100 times means the Mclaren is probably pulling pretty hard past 100mph. And considering the Mclaren is geared 40mph higher, I think it's still a faster car IMO.

Although, according to the Mclaren site, the Mclaren can only pull a .89g on the skidpad while the Enzo pulls a 1.05...personally, I think the stats are wrong on the Mclaren....

article.asp

I'm over in Australia so a good US muscle car is a rareity and a beauty. but i would still perfur an import though. I would most want a 240z with a rb26dett(skyline twin turbo) with all of the goodies to make around 600bhp+ at the rear treads. Sure i love US muscle but i just dont see enough of it to want one over an import. over here all there is is holden commodores and ford falcons... i hate em(falcons are ok).

and to the americans, eclipses arnt imports, your country makes em.

i am against rice tho, all of these twats with fart cans on stck civics with the crappy stickers on em are wrong!!!

HumboldtBlazer said:
Give me a car from Europe over any.........

Blazer i think that you and i would get along quite well. i drive one of my dream cars. a bored out 2.0L 16V Turbo corrado on nitrous. needless to say I'm an import guy. i can respect domestics, but i dont care for them as much as my VW's and other European cars. i dont have much respect for many asian cars though the supras, sti's, evos, skylines, etc demand it. big block power is fun, but i like a high strung high revving motor on boost and nitrous. it drives totally different.

I am a chevy guy but a 500 horsepower 4cyl does deserve a little respect

marc0490 said:
I am a chevy guy but a 500 horsepower 4cyl does deserve a little respect
yeah,it deserves some props.but look how much it will cost to get a 500 horse power piece of junk.look what they used in the movie f&f2 AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS!THE PRIDE OF THE RED,WHITE AND BLUE.any other should GET OUT!SUPPORT AMERICA NOT OTHER COUNTRY.

Last edited: