aluminum shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadbody

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just got em..looks like i can add another $100 to my totals
522alumshocks.jpg
522alumfull.jpg

I just ordered them, they look good! Do you know what the weight of the springs are?

no idea..i still have to get some shock oil..

I was just wondering if they were stiffer than the stock ones? I've got the New Era skids and the weigh down my truck.

I was just wondering if they were stiffer than the stock ones? I've got the New Era skids and the weigh down my truck. Yeh, I still have some Trinity Shock oil left, from putting in my stock shocks. I couldnt decied on 25 or 30 wt so I went with 27.5?

well they are pretty light and the top spring holder can adjust about an inch and half or so. with out the oil this truck can lay some frame lol

I bought mine on ebay, but here are some links to other sites
Here

here

hope this helps

Thanks. I was looking at the first link and it showed the extended chassis for the savage, the tires in that pic looked bigger than the stock ones, is this correct, the tires being larger?

yea it says they are the "Massive" wheels:coffee

So massive means they are larger than the stock wheels and tires? Are they calling the stock ones massive?

welli got some 40wt shock oil today(silicon) and after filling the shocks i decided to read the manual just to make sure i was doing everything right and it said to put 100wt...I'm going to see how this 40wt works before i get a heavier weight

Hey, there is an error in the HPI manual. Look here

The new manual reads shock oil #100 (10wt)!

Originally posted by deadbody
welli got some 40wt shock oil today(silicon) and after filling the shocks i decided to read the manual just to make sure i was doing everything right and it said to put 100wt...I'm going to see how this 40wt works before i get a heavier weight
What do you plan on doing with your savage? I mean if you plan on doing some serious jumping you may want to consider some lighter weight oil and some heavier springs, believe me I know everything about how to break things and sometimes how to prevent a particular item from breaking.

Back