A storm is coming!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromaniac

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I know we have all been at this point, you get it all laid out in front of you and just ponder for a few minutes, well ,long enough to get a pic anyway! My build! The Storm! The begining!
much more to follow!

LOL Got it right here!!!!

I personally love the kit! Great choice and nice ride!

Hey, that's an awesome kit. :thumbup:
One word of advice, take your time and study the instructions carefully. Then you won't pull a bonehead like I did. I had to backtrack almost to step 1 when I figured out that the center diff outdrives were different from the others. DOH! :nono:

Good luck and have fun. :)

Tex

Thanks! since I have the arr I dont think the diffs will be an issue. I am almost done with it , mill is in (os21rgx) servos are in,receiver goes in with the hump pack next, then the fun begins! aligning all the throttle/steering linkage,fuel lines and muffler. have to run out and get a new crystal and some small stuff to finish! will be posting some better pics in my gallery as I progress, gonna make a pot of coffee and hope to be breaking in tomorrow morning! hmmmm,, may have to get that new air brush kit I was stalkin yesterday!:ha

congrats on the 'almost' complete Storm. Let us know when it is finished

ahh yes!! Another day at the build table(dining room table with sheet over it), well so far this has been a great learning experience for me, I decided to switch out the standard throttle/brake servo for a little more torque, from a hs311 to a hs-545bb, Major difference, I just didnt think the 311 had the balls needed to do three functions(throttle/2 brakes), If you are building a storm, I would definetly recomend this! for now I am sticking with the servo horns provided in the box only because I forgot them at my lhs today, I am planning on trimming them with the dremel, so far , so good! I have the brake linkage left and some tightening up to do before engine break in sometime in the afternoon, This is a great build, I highly recomend it! todays pics are in my gallery, check em out! I am open to all tips and sugestions so let em fly!

Nitroadict: you were right, I really can do this! Thanks for all the help!

good luck w/ hitec gear... everything hitec i have owned has either fried or just plain broke.

L8r,
Garrett