A Possible Big Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShotCobra

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First off lets focus on how this problem can be solved and not on how the problem was made lol :D:hehe:

basically i used too much loktite, couldnt get it out(and still can't) even with a screw removing tool(upper right hand corner)

the only way i know to get it out is drill it out with a small bit, which I have
the thing i want to know is there anything i can do that might make it easier

also a tiny pin fell out when i took the backplate off i know where it goes i just want to know does it just sit in the hole or what?
its in the ?piston arm? the hole it sits in seems to have a spring

sorry for the bad pic, the cams flash is really really bright anything else would have been blurry

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 103
There is usually a tiny spring in the hole under the small pin. The pin just sits on it and get trapped by the starter shaft when assembled.

so the pin just sits in the hole and is held in by the back plate?

since I'm gonna need a new screw I've decided to get a screw kit stainless steel, i want to know if it contains screws for the engine and not just the car itself

sorry i didnt catch what u had said in ur prev post I'm tired and pissed lol

Last edited:
I've always said the only way to learn is the hard way.

Funny thing about alum. drill bits go through it like butter.

In short I duns crewed up reel good lol I'm too pissed atm I will post pics later
please be kind heh

I'm almost positive I need a new engine

what would be a good choice to put in my Ofna Ravager
it needs to be under $200
it had a force .28 in it before i got overly happy with the loktite

I'm such an idiot:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:
i looked at it again and there is no way i can get the screw out w/o drilling a bigger hole and tapping it for a bigger screw, the thing is i dont have those kind of tools or know anyone that does and I'm not even 100% sure that would work either

i can't get the other pic to come out right

unless u think 3 screws is enuff to hold that back plate on well enuff for driving I'm sunk

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
1st off, please refrain from using the f-word in the open forum.

As for the engine, what I would recommend you to do is seal it well with RTV and just use the other 3 screws. Worst that can happen is it not work(I think it will) but then you are considering an engine anyway.

I'm only considering a new engine if i can't get this one to work

Seal the back plate with RTV silicone. run a bead around it and then line it up with the screws. Do NOT tighten them down, but leave them at a point where you still have a 2 or 3 sheet thickness of silicone. 24 hours later, tighten them all the way. That way you won't squish out the fresh silicone, but will have created a compressible gasket that should hold with the 3 remaining screws.

ok,so I'm going to jb weld the hole up then use the rtv

First off lets focus on how this problem can be solved and not on how the problem was made lol :D:hehe:

basically i used too much loktite, couldnt get it out(and still can't) even with a screw removing tool(upper right hand corner)

the only way i know to get it out is drill it out with a small bit, which I have
the thing i want to know is there anything i can do that might make it easier

also a tiny pin fell out when i took the backplate off i know where it goes i just want to know does it just sit in the hole or what?
its in the ?piston arm? the hole it sits in seems to have a spring

sorry for the bad pic, the cams flash is really really bright anything else would have been blurry

do you have a dremel? Put on one of the small little cut-off discs in it and grind a slot in the head of the screw so you can then use a flathead screwdriver to remove it after heating the lot up heaps with a hairdryer or heatgun.

thanks for the help :)

but its progressed further than that

i wish i had a dremel, thats a nifty little too

You could always just head down to the local machine shop and get them to drill it out and retap it for a larger screw for you. probably cost about $20.

i already did the jb weld, and it set up really nice just need to sand down the little bit of the weld thats sticking up, should work just fine.....i hope:p:

i already did the jb weld, and it set up really nice just need to sand down the little bit of the weld thats sticking up, should work just fine.....i hope:p:

post pics when its done :)
glad uve managed to fix it but :)

The pictures would be better better the cams batts are dying and i dont know how to turn the sun err flash off :p::hehe::D

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
ok, found new batts and figured how to turn the flash off and got a much better picture

i want to know if i can shoot wd40 inside the engine to clean it out, i stuffd paper towel in the hole while i was working on it but that just kept some stuff out not all

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 80
Just squirt some fuel in there. WD-40 has grease in it and can create more of a mess than it's worth. A tablespoon full of fuel should be plenty to rinse it out.