A FIRST "Must Do!" with your Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Get a Fuel Filter BEFORE running your first tank. I am receiving reports in the field that there are plastic shavings in SOME, not all, of the tanks out there. I also suggest swishing some fuel around in the tank and emptying it prior to first run.

Granted, this is only a couple cases I have heard of this happening, but, it would suck to get plastic in the mill.

Everyone should have a fuel filter regardless but I just want to stress the importance of it.

I run the Sullivan in-line type being as they do not allow air in.

-Chris

How about you just get the truck and put an air compressor in the tank when it's completely dry and blow all the crap out. My Savage didn't have any plastic shreds in the tank. One would imagine that plastic shreds wouldn't make it through fuel tubing. The absolute first mod is to loctite all the screws that the manual says. I've experienced this (not loctiting the top set screw for the 2 speed and not loctiting the screws that hold the engine in) and it's not fun when you stop your session short because of some measly screws.

Both are worthwhile tips. A quality fuel filter and a quality air filter are a must for any engine. Loktite on all metal v metal screws is a good bit of advice. Sorry to hear you learned it the hard way.

Back