8port slug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robby

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my 8 port is sluggish from off the line HSN2 1/4 out,LSN is flush and at 1/2 tank the thing really screams but still sluggish from a dead stop i am afraid to lein it out anymore

Settings will vary from engine to engine. Lean it just a bit and keep an eye on the temps and performance.

You may need to make some adjustments on the whole tune. Lean the lowend a bit fatten the topend to compensate for higher rpms......X

Got any temps on it?

Does it sound like its bogging? if so, if you may need to richen up the LSN. I find that when you lean out the main needle it does effect the low speed needle. You are basicly starving the low end. Richen it up to compensate.

it seams to make it sputter when i richen LSN. Did i say really screams up on top at 1/2 tank. the hotter it gets, crazy faster it gets. 16t bell bythe way.

I've read on other posts a while back that somtimes you really have to lean it out more than you think. Lean it more and do a pinch test on the fuel line. if it revs up its rich if it dies its lean.
HSN is more critical to avoid engine damage.
LSN go one extreme then the other to find your self in the right ball park. You are actively tuning your not going to run around for hours with the wrong settings. keep an eye out make sure you are getting a little smoke on the throttle. And throw the temp guage in the bin.
Have a look on HPI's main site in the forum there is a link to how to tune an engine, its all there and no temps either.

Originally posted by robby
it seams to make it sputter when i richen LSN. Did i say really screams up on top at 1/2 tank. the hotter it gets, crazy faster it gets. 16t bell bythe way.

Thats what happened to my onroad, my friends 21BB, and my cousins 8 port. The one thing about that 8 port is that it is really hard to tune. At least the ones I have delt with. If you go too much, you get lost in the tune and forget how to get back...

Sorry richening the LSN didn't work for you. Good luck.

Back