62cc Baja engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok I am all about trying to cram a bigger engine in to an RC. More power normally is more fun. However at what point is is just pointless? Maybe 62cc in a Baja? I was just on Dave's Motors and saw this. Wow....crazy price too. So if you want the most powerful Baja around.....here it is. But for the price of a new ride......

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6939/.f

media.jpg

I am actually thinking about picking up one of the KM T1000 5T clones HERE and saw that motor. If money weren't an issue($1000/engine) I would totally be all over that:) did you happen to see this video of them running it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the world would anyone spend $1,000 for a motor only to put it in a crap clone truck?

putting a 60cc engine on a baja is like putting an axial .32 on a jato. . .pointless

Why in the world would anyone spend $1,000 for a motor only to put it in a crap clone truck?

They aren't running it in a clone it is a hopped up 5b I believe, I was just looking at that motor when I was exploring my choices. Clearly this motor is not one of them;)

In the right conditions, you can never have enough power in a Baja.

Running in the sand as shown in the vid is just the sort of condition where the more power you put down the better. Just like in full size sand rails.

On the track and bashing in the dirt I think it's useless.

You have to admit, it was a very intimidating run! Pulling wheelies at 1/2 throttle near the end was pretty insane. Definitely make a stock 5b look like a total wussy!

Because they can maybe????
mine is not going in a clone but a full custom build.. I will start a build thread as soon as I get the rest of the parts...

Last edited:
and I will be the first to post in that thread I hate you:) very nice!!!

I would run one if it was...oh....$700 cheaper. My Baja with a race modded 28.5 is very strong....I don't even want to know what DOUBLE the power would be.

I don't even want to know what it would cost to keep the drivetrain together. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, I'm gonna be able to sit in it while I drive it. Very impressive none the less!

too much useable torque and after 1500.00 (1000.00 motor, 300 for clutch setup that MUST Be used, and 200 for the tuned pipe) you may see 16,000 rpms or a bit more.

the only time that torque is going to be usable in my Honest opinion is when we hae 24/50 gearing and larger. it can ONLYY run a stockclutch as well.

for 1000,00 you can get a FULLY Built ready to drop in FULL Trevor Simpson 4 bolt Zen 30.5 setup (less tuned pipe) and have a MUCH more useable and a faster motor that will still pull 24/50 gearing. Trevor should have the new 36mm Zen topends ready any time.

jm2c

What a waste of $$$ you can buy alot of other motors for that kind of money and do the same job..

One man's waste of money is another man's money well spent. I guarantee each of us has spent money on something related to this hobby that someone else thinks is a waste. It's all relative. Have a blast with that thing fastflee!

One man's waste of money is another man's money well spent. I guarantee each of us has spent money on something related to this hobby that someone else thinks is a waste. It's all relative. Have a blast with that thing fastflee!

well put. personally i would waiste my money elsewhere for now. but thats just me.

thats not to say if they can bring the price down to a grand or so for the full ready to mount kit (pipe excluded) it couldnt be a considered out of the option list.

with Turtles new Tranny Case, and a clutch setup that would allow for use of the aftermarket clutch systems, then i would be more inclined to consider one. Especially when the more suitable gearing options are available and maybe even the 2 speeds.

i guess its not that its not suitable in its current form, just a bit pricey when you consider the other options currently on the market.

I've just spent £65.00 on a 1/5th scale hydro jack and two axle stands that serve no purpose whatsoever,but hey,WTF,they look good! Whatever turns you on I suppose.
J.

Here ya go,look great!:D
J.

Attachments

• hydro jack.jpg
    hydro jack.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 123
  • jacks.jpg
    jacks.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 123
Back