5T won't stay on track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanfillmc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
can someone help? I got a 5T a few weeks ago, it's awsome. but It seems to have so much power its hard to keep the back-end from breaking loose? Is it because of 2wd (my other truck is a savage XL) or is the alignment not set correctly or do I just need to learn how to drive?:\ https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/images/smilies/ermm.gif

it is very important to learn throttle control...you have to learn that you can't come out of every corner just hammering it wide open....with things like exiting corners a good thing to remember is "slower is faster" because if you just hammer the throttle and slide you aren't going to win....i have never driven a 5t so i'm not positive if thats your problem but i know when i got my mgt8.0 that was the problem and it is a 4wd....but i learned to aply the gas a lil slower and it helped drasticlly.

with a 2wd truck you HAVE to learn throttle control. you cannot rely on the 4wd to keep you strait. you can try some suspension adjustments to help a bit, try softening up the rear end a little.

Thanks guys, I'll head back and give your suggestions a try. My goal is to beat my 11 year old son. (good luck)

thats awsome. you dont have a chance in hell! that kid gona school you!! lol
but throttle control will be your freind

My son drives the savage xl, when i say my turn his reply is just a minute, just a minute, just a minute, ect.. So i bought the 5t. Now it's can i drive your truck. (ha-ha). Moms got him on restriction from is truck (and other things) for drawing pictures on his oak desk in his room. So i have a couple of weeks to practice!!!

Toe in on the rear might help as well.

Think about it like a car. If I were to sail around a corner in my mustang and drop the clutch with the gas punched the rear end would be all over the place and I would prob do a 180 or even more. (Though I have done that :) but not on any roads; I'm not that stupid) Like what has been said, throttle control is your best friend.
Also I'm not as sure if this rule applies to a 5T cause its smaller and lighter than a real car but counter steering helps big time too. :D

My son drives the savage xl, when i say my turn his reply is just a minute, just a minute, just a minute, ect.. So i bought the 5t. Now it's can i drive your truck. (ha-ha). Moms got him on restriction from is truck (and other things) for drawing pictures on his oak desk in his room. So i have a couple of weeks to practice!!!

did u just team up with mom so u can have an edge when his ban is lifted hehehe..man when i first drove my 5t i can't control it either.2wd is harder than 4wd .i too need a lot of practice.

Back