3.3 to a 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So if you have not read or heard the mix match maxx i got is pretty much in need of a new motor . I saved what i could and i am set to get a 2.5 with out a carb/clutch/tunepipe or pullstart/bearing and mount. I have that stuff other then the clutch as it was showing signs of pretty bad wear . I had someone on here help me find on ebay a new motor and clutch set for like 80-85.00 or so shipped. I want to know is there any other option in that price range? I think based on what i been seeing i would not be able to use my tune pipe on some other motors. So i would need a manifiold (bad spelling) and the linkage might not just line up . Is this really my best option based on price? I have what i think is a .15 and 2.5 T-maxx (stock electronics). It would be better to have a small motor at this point, this will be nothing more then something i can bash with at a local park in the spring. Thanks guys

Save a Benjamin over the winter and drop this in. It will put a smile on your face. Includes, pipe, header and roto start shaft. You would just need a cordless drill or roto start wand and a glow igniter to start it.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...-w-51226-207-Tuned-Pipe-Set-T-Maxx-Turbo-Plug

i have a hellraiser c-1 for sale if that sells i could get it. I have a few glow starters my sc10gt came with one and i have a nice one i got in a starter set. Can i use a pullstart i have one? it has a one way bearing i assume?

get something with pullstart. last thing you want to do when your out bashing is carry around something else heavy.

roto start is great for
-racing (when you dont expect the thing to stall)
-when you have it in front of you (do yyou really wanna walk 20+ meters everytime it stalls with a drill in hand, or carry it back to base)
when its not tuned properly and doesn't start on first-second pull

pull start is great for
-less batteries to worry about (last problem when you go out along to have a bash with no mates with batteries to pinch)
-works everytime
-you will have a proper tune done before your drill goes flat

also i highly recommend a pushglo, you dont need to carry around another battery for the glow plug. it uses the battery off your rx. so providing you charge that battery, and your tx batteries before you go on your run you will be set.

http://switchglo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=cics8nbk2umaiphff01jh55dk1

i have used ez start (traxxas crap), having to carry around a huge battery on my all the time is a huge pain in the ass.

the glow ignitor poop it pretty quick so i had to carry around a glow starter. not too much of a pain, but its pretty crap when the battery goes flat.

now i have pull start and a pushglo and i can go out and all i have to do is make sure my tx and rx is at least half charged and i know i will have at least 2-3hrs of running. providing i have the fuel to go with.

get something with pullstart. last thing you want to do when your out bashing is carry around something else heavy.

roto start is great for
-when you have it in front of you (do yyou really wanna walk 20+ meters everytime it stalls with a drill in hand, or carry it back to base)

pull start is great for
-less batteries to worry about (last problem when you go out along to have a bash with no mates with batteries to pinch)
-works everytime

also i highly recommend a pushglo, you dont need to carry around another battery for the glow plug. it uses the battery off your rx. so providing you charge that battery, and your tx batteries before you go on your run you will be set.

http://switchglo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=cics8nbk2umaiphff01jh55dk1

i have used ez start (traxxas crap), having to carry around a huge battery on my all the time is a huge pain in the ass.

the glow ignitor poop it pretty quick so i had to carry around a glow starter. not too much of a pain, but its pretty crap when the battery goes flat.

now i have pull start and a pushglo and i can go out and all i have to do is make sure my tx and rx is at least half charged and i know i will have at least 2-3hrs of running. providing i have the fuel to go with.

I like the pull start/glow starter combo. I tried bump box's but i needed to have a battery or i could use my car to power it. I never liked the ez start , and i never used a drill start for a motor. I know alot of guys swear by it based on not hurting there hands. A motor that is set up right should start with out any need to worry about tearing your hand up. I think where on the same page.

roto start is great for

pull start is great for
-works everytime

Will be ordering a few of these soon! Perfect for my 3rd channel!
And I agree pull start all the way!