2k Crawler...Super Pimp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

run2jeepn

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I ordered everything for this build. Just waiting to get the parts in. Should be anyday now. Now I went all out on the is build. I could have built it alot cheaper, but ha. I want the best of the best. If your going to build it might aswell build it right the first time. Save ya money in the long run. I have done a few things a little different. Not much yet. I'm sure I will change a few more things here and there during the build. But here is what I got.

I'm going for a very low COG and a balanced rig. The front axle and rear alxe should be within oz of each other.

Running Clod axles locked and with bearings of course. Used Lockers instead of JB weld. Didn't feel like messing with it. I'm running one 8 cell Sub-C battery back. 4 cells under each rear axle. Yep I said rear axle. The front axle will be holding up two 5 cell RX packs under each front knuckle. One for each servo. I choose Hitec 5955TG Robot Servos. Bought them from tower just minutes ago. Free shipping and 15 bucks off. Running the crawler store BTA on the front for the steering. The servo's will be pushing a set of Narrowed Proline Velocity wheels with Moab XL's rapped around them. I'm putting my new 40's Rock Sliders on them. Not out yet, So don't ask just yet for them. Running a 18in Pimp Cane with the rear axle flipped for even more clearance for breaking over those pesky leadges. Everything will be ran by a Mamba Maxx and Axiom 55t motors. Thanks to Holmes Hobbies. He also made my battery packs. Running 8 and 9 tooth pinions and RC4WD adjustable motor mounts. I replaced the bearings with Yeah Racing brand Teflon sealed bearings. Also using there axle stays on the rear. I went with a Cadillac Escalade EXT. Not sure on how I'm painting it yet. For Radio gear I snagged a VG6000 of E-Bay for $60 bucks. I'm using a 3003 Servo to shut down the rear motor for front digs. There's not much else I can think of right know. Here are the specs and pic's will start showing up anyday now.

Axles: Clod, locked with bearings
Axle Shafts: Thundertech Racing CVD's
Knuckles: Custom Can't tell ya yet. Or I'd have to kill ya.:)
Servos: Hitec 5955TG's 333oz @ 6v over 400oz @ 7.2v
Steering: Front BTA and Rear BTA
Motors: Axiom 60t V10 Crawler Motors
Pinions: 8t front and rear
ESC: Two Mamba Maxx
Wheels: Narrowed XTM Thorns
Tires: Moab XL's
Body: Cadillac Escalade EXT
Rok Rings: Made by Me
Battery Pack: Sube C's 3300mah Two 8 Cell packs. 4 under each Knuckle.
Chassis: Around 18in Pimp Cane with rear axle flipped
Radio Gear: VG6000 mod'ed
Mixer: V-Tail

Well Here is the first set of pic's...Clod axles, locked and bearings. XTM thron wheels and Moab XL's stretched over them....Looking pretty good so far. I star cut the foams also.
DSCF1877.gif

DSCF1876.gif

Man after weeks of waiting to get these. They final came in. Since I have my 2.2 done. It's time to start working on this. :)
DSCF1946.jpg

Got a little more done. Thats just a basher body, not what I'm going to run.
DSCF2034.gif

DSCF2030.gif

Well this looks like a Rats nest already.....
DSCF2105.jpg

Man I just got my Parts for my VG6000..So Things will start to go together know. I also have a few extra bodies already painted to choose from to run. I almost have a different body for each day of the Month....:)
DSCF2188.gif

More to come.......:naughty:

Last edited:
When locking the axles with the TT lockers and CVDs, which stock parts are replaced? I am thinking of building my axles from new parts and would rather not buy parts that aren't going to be used.

Far as I know. Just the Bearings for the CVD's. But they come with those. The locker replaces the spider gears. I haven't installed them yet. I have never needed them untill I started breaking the stock ones. So I figured it was time to pony up and buy some. I'll do a write up on it with a few pic's so everyone can see what there getting into.

In your experience, what is the amp draw from each motor when running a super comp rig? Do you have access to a watt meter or eagletree recorder?