$2500 Savage on Ebay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny when people ask for how much they have into something. Especially r/c's and 1:1. That truck might be worth maybe $500-600 in real life. He ain't gonna get close to how much he's asking.

The bids are already up to $720. You have to love stupid people with money. GO EBAY!!!

I dont care if the entire truck was made out of titanium theres no way in hell ima pay $2500 for a Savage.

Nice truck, but this dude is on crack!

To answer the original question. NEVER

I don't see a practical pupose for a truck like that, other than a show truck and who actually goes or hears of R/C car shows? In my area, I've never heard of any. You would have to be more than half nuts to bash around with that thing. I doubt he will ever get $2500 for it.
On another note: I think that reserve auctions should have to start at the reserve price. The seller does not have to sell below that so why start the bidding at a price you are not willing to sell for. Seems like a bunch of crap to me. I bypass all auctions like that.

Originally posted by LarryA
I don't see a practical pupose for a truck like that, other than a show truck and who actually goes or hears of R/C car shows? In my area, I've never heard of any. You would have to be more than half nuts to bash around with that thing. I doubt he will ever get $2500 for it.
On another note: I think that reserve auctions should have to start at the reserve price. The seller does not have to sell below that so why start the bidding at a price you are not willing to sell for. Seems like a bunch of crap to me. I bypass all auctions like that.

I think you still can sell even though it hasn't met your reserve yet if i recall correctly. You just DON'T have to sell it if the reserve is not met, because if you don't have a reserve and you auction a Porsche 911 for 1$ and someone wins the auction for 2$ you have to sell him this Porsche 911 for 2$ loosing a couple of ten thousand dollars in the process. So its something where you can decide as the seller in the end if you maybe sell it for under reserve.

Thomas

Way to expensive for my taste. For that Much you could get about 4 Savage SS and hopups to make them all bullet proof.

Steve

Originally posted by LarryA

I've never heard of R/C shows.. but recently there have been hobby conventions and r/c are part of it.. I just saw a flyer at my LHS... this coming 14 & 15... plus their suppose to be good deals on certain stuff... but yeah.. that is way too high...

i wouldnt consider even thinking of buying that. it is too nice looking and the cost is way too much. even if i would it would be put on the shelf and stared at. there aint now way in hell that i would put gas in that thing.

bryan

First of all.....WTF is a show car??? LMFAO....no disrespect to anyone but is this for HARDCORE RC guys and/or kids that aren't old enough to drive....lol (so they "Show" their RC cars). My buddy is doing the same thing to his maxx that hasn't had a drop of fuel through it.......His "Titaniumized" T-maxx that he's getting a Supercharger for.....lol.

TO answer the original question......no phucking way!!!!

That is a nice truck but the Supercharger is retarted for somone that's actually going to be driving it on a regular basis and the buy it now price is so high it's almost laughable. Like robriguez said....GO EBAY.....lol...that car is worth a Grand to allot of people but again it's to pretty to do anything but stick on the shelf...what a waste. Hell, my buddy and I went through almost a gallon of gas with two Maxxes the other day....with the Supercharger your going to be changing the piston and sleeve on that motor every gallon or less and to make things worse his stock diffs definitely can't handle that.

Peace

Yeah, I know that a seller doesn't "have" sell unless the bid reaches the reserve price but then why not just set the starting bid at what you are willing to sell it for? Seems to make more sense to me. If I where selling on ebay, reserve or not, I would set the starting bid at what my lowest price would be. That reserve stuff is screwed up. Even if the seller doesn't sell the item, they pay ebay based on the reserve price they entered when the posted the item. Kinda defeats the purpose when you normally pay ebay based on the several things including the selling price. I considered selling there already but read over all the details and decided to just sell the stuff privately.

Yeah but the thing with the reserve price is that it gives the option to the seller to not sell is no one wants to spend the price of the reserve. Let's just say you are selling something and you're thinking your bare minimum low that you'll take for your item is $100. You set your reserve for $100 and start the bidding at $50. By the end of the auction your highest bid is $90. You decide all in all it either is or is not enough to sell the item for. However if you start the bidding at $100 you will never know that there was someone willing to pay almost all of what you wanted to sell it for and you still have your item without a sale.

I personally like reserves. If I am selling something I can either get it off my hands for nearly what I wanted to sell it for or keep it and have no sale, and yet another item to take up space in my place.

I guess it's better than selling something worth $100 and you only get bids for $20 but you didn't add a reserve and now you have to sell and take a major loss.

It would look great in a puddle of mud!

anyone know where to get one of those metal trans cases ? I'm tired of my brake screws ripping out of the plastic crap one

Nice "MODEL".:LoL:

Back